This position supports the Internal Audit and Compliance department to achieve of providing reasonable assurance, value addition and improve organization operations as it relates to information technology. S/He will plan, execute, and report on the IT General Controls, Application controls, Infrastructure. S/He will provide consulting services to the business to improve IT operations and IT controls.
- Plan audit to determine whether information systems are protected, controlled, and provide value to the organization.
- Prepares detailed plans for performing individual audits including the identification of key risks and controls, determination of audit objectives, and development of an appropriate audit program.
- Evaluate the organization’s management of IT policies and practices.
- Evaluate the organization’s IT policies and practices for compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Evaluate the organization’s ability to continue business operations.
- Evaluate whether IT supplier selection and contract management processes align with business requirements.
- Conduct post‐implementation review of systems to determine whether project deliverables, controls, and requirements are met.
- Evaluate whether IT service management practices align with business requirements.
- Conduct periodic review of information systems and enterprise architecture.
- Evaluate IT operations to determine whether they are controlled effectively and continue to support the organization’s objectives.
- Evaluate IT maintenance practices to determine whether they are controlled effectively and continue to support the organization’s objectives.
- Conduct audit in accordance with IS audit standards and a risk based IS audit strategy.
- Communicate audit progress, findings, results, and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Conduct audit follow‐up to evaluate whether risks have been sufficiently addressed.
- Evaluate the IT strategy for alignment with the organization’s strategies and objectives.
- Evaluate physical and environmental controls to determine whether information assets are adequately safeguarded.
- Evaluate logical security controls to verify the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information.
- Review and evaluate IT General Controls, application controls and IT Security management in accordance with ISO 27001.
- Provide recommendations and guidance on identified security and control risks.
- Perform technical security testing to identify potential threats and vulnerabilities.
- Utilize data analytics tools to streamline audit processes.
- Provide consulting services and guidance to the organization to improve the quality and control of information systems.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement in the organization’s IT policies and practices.
- Evaluate potential opportunities and threats associated with emerging technologies, regulations, and industry practices.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a recognized higher institution in a related field, such as Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, or Business
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) (essential).
- The Institute of Internal Auditor (membership)
- Chartered Accountant (ACA. ACCA) (optional)
- A minimum of three years of experience in the auditing field, two of which must have been in Information Systems Auditing.
- Big 4 experience is an advantage.
- Great work culture and multiple opportunities for growth and self-development.
- 18 days of annual leave, excluding federal public holidays.
- Health Insurance coverage.
- Monthly employer pension contribution.
- Monthly communication allowance
Location: Rivers State