Golden Sugar Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc, and a member of the FMN Group. The company operates one of the biggest Sugar Refineries in Nigeria, with a capacity to process 750,000 metric tons of Sugar per annum. As part of FMN’s commitment to the development of the Sugar value chain in Nigeria and in line with the Federal Government’s backward integration policy regarding the mandatory upstream operation requirements for sugar processors, Golden Sugar Company acquired 100% equity in Sunti Golden Sugar Estates Limited (SGSE) which was formally commissioned on the 15th of March 2018 by His Excellency, Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR), President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Primary Responsibility of the Packaging Engineer is to improve the efficiency, safety and quality of the packaging Equipment (Small packs- Form and Fill Cubeline lines) in the finished product department by implementing proper maintenance processes. The Engineer manages project in the packaging department.
- Utilize predictive maintenance tools for vibration, ultrasonic, infrared, oil analysis, etc.
- Implement a reliability and preventative program in Packaging Station.
- Interpret data and recommend countermeasures.
- Improve the manufacturability of products and packaging equipment.
- Work with operations on continuous improvement of packaging lines and equipment. This is a hands-on engineering role.
- Troubleshoots and improves new and existing equipment. Partners with operations to gather data to identify root causes and solutions to production problems.
- Originate concepts for new and existing packaging equipment, including support equipment such as conveying, robotics, instrumentation, weight control, and quality systems.
- Manage and engineer approved projects through to completion. Projects will cover a diverse range both in scope and area.
- Effectively communicate ideas and concepts to peers, subordinates and leadership within the organization and across organizational line.
THE PERSON MUST
- Be proficient in oral and written communication skills.
- Possess excellent leadership capabilities.
- Have strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- BSC/HND in Mechanical, Electrical or any related Course.
- 5 Years cognate Experience.
- Strong Mechanical Experience on Packing Lines will be an added advantage.
- Fundamental Understanding of electrical design, control systems integration, electro-mechanical drive systems and safety.
- Key Accounts Manager at Nigerian Breweries Plc
- Front Desk Representative at Multigate Payment Limited
- Accounts Officer (Finance) – Cement Industry at Dangote Cement
How to Apply:
DISCLAIMER!!! – Areatalk report is an online publication platforms that brings to your Notice of latest News, recruitments and Job Vacancies and will under no circumstance request applicants to pay money or give any personal items of monetary value to company or any agency