- Implement reliable protocols for contract monitoring based on best practices to ensure that project activities proceed in line with the EPC Agreement and regulatory requirements.
- Liaise with the Document Controller to track and keep detailed records of all internal and external correspondences that ensue from contractual obligations, including formal documents issued or received by NGIC.
- Prevent unnecessary delays by prompting relevant members of the Project Management Team of any project correspondences awaiting action or response by NGIC.
- Keep track of all deliverables and activities stipulated in the EPC Agreement, and promptly advise the Project Management Team of any deviation, delay, or issue that contravenes the Agreement.
- Provide grounded, well-researched advisories on any aspect of the EPC Agreement in liaison with the Legal Department as required by the Project Management Team.
- Liaise with the Project Management Team, other Support Personnel, ePC Contractor Personnel, Vendor Personnel, and any other personnel associated with the project to ensure actualization of the project within the specified timeline.
- Develop and implement procedures for contract and claims management and administration in line with company policy.
- Support in the management of claims and variations arising from or in connection with projects.
- Immediate notification of the project management team concerning the contractual impact of any delays, and provides advice on the suitable next steps to be taken.
- Facilitate the resolution of disputes or conflicts arising during the contract lifecycle, collaborating with relevant parties to find amicable solutions.
- Participate in regular project management meetings.
- All other ancillary tasks as may be directed by the Project Management Team consequential to the successful delivery of the project”
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Law or a related field with 6+ years of relevant work experience in contract administration, especially in Oil and Gas industry, engineering or construction
- environments – Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements associated with construction projects in the oil and gas industry
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Familiarity with project management principles
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Able to work efficiently under pressure and in high stress environments.
- Good time management ability with keen attention to detail and a logical and systematic approach to work.
- Ability to gather and analyze data and information and to report recommendations with justification.
- Proficiency in use of IT tools, especially Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams, emails, SharePoint and OneDrive.
- A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Commitment to excellent HSE performance and zero tolerance for unsafe conditions / behaviours.”
- 6+ years (LLB)
Job Location: Warri, Nigeria
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates Should forward their Cv to firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job title as the subject.