The idea candidate will be responsible for the Execution and Supervision of assigned jobs to ensure the safety, Availablity, reliability and optimal performance of Electric assets
- Ensure all preventive maintenance (especially the Electrical Protection System) is executed as assigned daily.
- Execute breakdown/corrective maintenance as assigned daily.
- Ensure the summary of breakdown/corrective maintenance activities is reported on the Enterprise Asset Management System daily as assigned.
- Ensure that all protective circuits function as required,
- Responsible for the calibration, testing and installation of protection systems.
- Compilation of breakdown and corrective maintenance reports and ensure they are submitted at the stipulated time.
- Compilation of monthly sectional reports and ensure they are submitted at the stipulated time.
- Monitor and oversee all jobs executed by third parties to the company to ensure timely close out, quality and within the scope of work.
- Awareness, understanding and application of Quality & HSE policies on assigned jobs
- Awareness, understanding and application of departmental /process objectives;
- Awareness of your contribution to the effectiveness of the IMS, including the benefits of improved performance;
- Awareness of the risks of not conforming with the EGBIN IMS requirements.
- Ensure safety guidelines and safe work procedures are strictly adhered to on and off maintenance activities.
- Understand and ensure compliance with all company codes of conduct.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Engineers/Lead Engineers and Section Head.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering
- A postgraduate degree or relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Membership in Professional bodies would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of maintenance and operating procedures of motors, switchgear, transformers, generators
- Understand the principle of electrical equipment and the history of equipment.
- Ability to read and understand standard operating procedures and maintenance work instructions.
- Technical troubleshooting and ability to identify the root cause of problems to avoid recurrence
- Knowledge of safety requirements and environmental aspects of power generation
- Knowledge of the power generation process, commercial, and tariff aspects
- Knowledge of modern maintenance management practices and spare inventory management
- Knowledge of statutory guidelines related to electrical equipment.
- Ability to write a technical report.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates Should Click Here to Apply online.