Heirs Oil & Gas is Africa’s largest, indigenous owned, oil and gas company, headquartered in Nigeria and led by a board and management team with significant regional and global experience in production, exploration, and value creation in the resources sector. Heirs Oil & Gas is the sole operator of OML 17, in Nigeria’s Niger Delta.
Heirs Oil & Gas is committed to the highest standards of safety, health, and community relations, together with best practice in governance and accountability.
We are recruiting for the Position Below:
fe;Job Title: Environmental Lead
◾Job Identification: 10. ◾Degree Level: University ◾Job Schedule: Full time
◾Location: Port Harcourt, Nigeria
This role is to assure environmental protection of HHOG operational areas by deploying International best practices ensuring that environmental, social and associated sustainable development objectives are incorporated early in project development and during the operational phase to decommissioning. The role has the main tasks of driving implementation of the Company Environmental Policy, environmental compliance, GHG management, impacts mitigation, Oil spills management, remediation, among others. Other tasks include coaching, training and mentoring HHOG personnel and contractors in environmental best practices that will enable the delivery of Environmental Policies, Plans, Strategies, programs, systems and controls.
- Advise HHOG on minimisation of impact on the environment and, in some cases, oversee the delivery of impact reduction strategies. Develop, measure the success of the schemes for waste management, renewable energy, recycling, pollution reduction and pollution prevention.
- Implement Environmental policies and practices, Drive compliance with local environmental regulations and the standards adopted by the HHOG including keeping abreast with new laws, regulations and international laws as applicable.
- Planning and managing impact assessments, coordinating the activities of contractors including scoping, preparation of Terms of Reference, definition of environmental, social and community health baseline, identification and assessment of impacts, development and implementation of plans to mitigate negative impacts and enhance positive impacts, and, development of plans to monitor performance.
- Work with Project and Operational Teams to ensure that environmental quality and remediation practices and policies are adhered to including the development and implementation of environmental monitoring and reporting programs for water and air quality, waste among others.
- Support acquisition of environmental permits on the basis of the impact assessments, managing non compliances as may be required.
- Facilitate meetings with stakeholders involved with Project environmental activities (monitoring, waste disposal, remediation, etc.), including coordinating with Government Relations.
- Proactively drive environmental improvement through effluent & air quality, waste management and soil & groundwater management planning and the identification and implementation of risk controls for managing environmental performance.
- Maintain an environmental regulatory, permitting and commitments database for HHOG.A
- Assessing, analysing, and collating environmental performance data and reporting information to internal staff, clients and regulatory bodies.
- Perform regular environmental audits to monitor emissions, contaminations and investigate environmental incidents and drive corrective actions and improvements.
- Focal point and expert witness on all environmental litigation issues.
- Prepare environmental strategy budget as an input into HSE Budget and manage implementation.
- Provide training coaching and mentoring to HHOG staff.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of environmental management systems for HHOG.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Knowledge of the Production Operations
- Oil & Gas Industry.
- EP safety systems.
- HSE Cases.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Physical Sciences, Engineering or related fields.
- Minimum of 8 years active experience in EP.
- Experience in the Oil and Gas industry is key
- Experience in implementation of ICS Work experience at Corporate level and in development of ER Systems – procedures among other interpersonal
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- People Leadership, Stakeholder/Relationship Management.
- Ability to manage complexities.
- A genuine interest in and understanding of environmental issues, relevant legislation and renewable energy sources.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- The ability to inspire others.
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work.
- Good organisation and time management
- Commercial awareness: the ability to work within commercial constraints
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified Candidates Should Click Here to Apply Online
Application Ends: 07/20/2022