As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, we are dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment promotion, energy and the environment, and peace and security. The diverse expertise of our federal enterprise is in demand around the globe – from the German Government, European Union institutions, the United Nations, the
private sector and governments of other countries. We work with businesses, civil society actors and research institutions, fostering successful interaction between development policy and other policy
fields and areas of activity. Our main commissioning party is the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
The registered offices of GIZ are in Bonn and Eschborn. In 2019, we generated a business volume of around EUR 3.1 billion. Our 22,199 employees, almost 70 per cent of whom are national staff, work in around 120 countries. As a recognised development service provider, we currently have 556 development workers in action in partner countries. Furthermore, in 2019, the Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM), which is run jointly by GIZ and the German Federal Employment Agency, placed 262 integrated experts and 515 returning experts with local employers in our partner countries, or provided them with financial support, advice or other services. Personnel and business figures as at 31 December 2019
- GIZ Country offices are the central element of GIZ’s field structure.
- They ensure consistent overall representation of the company and
- its successful positioning as a service provider in the international cooperation market.
- They are headed by a country director.
- The country directors represent GIZ as a whole in the country or countries they service.
- The country director is responsible for shaping the GIZ country portfolio and assuring its quality, and in particular ensures that GIZ activities in all business sectors are coherent.
- The country directors generally have management responsibility for the officers responsible for commissions in the public-benefit TC measures in their area.
- The GIZ Offices provide human resources and commercial support services for programmes and projects in their areas.
- These services must be contracted as set out individually in the respective processes and rules sections.
- Furthermore, the GIZ Offices perform internal audits of the project administrations in the public-benefit sector, and by agreement for International Services projects and offices too.
Job Title: Procurement Officer – Goods.
Organization: GIZ Nigeria, Country Office
Location: Abuja, FCT.
Salary: According to GIZ salary scale for Band 4
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASK’S:
The Procurement Officer – Goods is responsible for;
- Purchasing materials, equipment for the GIZ office and GIZ- assisted projects/programmes in accordance with GIZ rules and conditions.
- Informing projects and programmes on time about the status of procurement and customs matters, particularly in the event of delays.
- Coordinating effectively with colleagues in the administration division and with the procurement officers at Head Office.
- The position holder is expected to perform the following tasks:
Procurement of Goods:
- In accordance with GIZ regulations, procures goods locally, processes invitations to tender and subsequently orders.
- Monitors the markets for goods.
- Enters and maintains data relevant for procurement and tenders in ProSoft and /or CoSoft.
- Enters purchase requisitions and confirmation of receipts of goods through “Beschaffung Online” for procurement through Head Office.
- Documents and files completed order transactions in reference files and in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules.
- Accepts goods and ensures that the receipt is documented and goods received are checked appropriately.
- Arranges for the safe transfer of goods to their destination and notifies projects and programmes of delivery location and time, processing cases of damage in transport.
- Informs projects and programmes on time about the status of procurement of goods or services, particularly in the event of delays.
- Coordinates effectively with colleagues in the Administration division and with procurement officers at GIZ Headquarters.
- Uses external service providers to complete customs declarations procedures.
- Is responsible for the procurement of goods in the GIZ Country Office.
- Ensures that the processes of procurement of goods run smoothly and that projects/programmes are always well informed about the status of their requests.
- Collaborates with the accounts team in invoice analysis and ensures proper preparation and execution of payment orders.
- Purchasing services for the GIZ office and GIZ- assisted projects/programmes in accordance with GIZ rules and conditions.
- performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION’S, COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of University Degree in Economics, Finance, Accountancy, Business Administration or related field of study.
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience as a procurement officer in the private, public or non-profit sectors.
- Relevant experience in international organization/technical cooperation agencies is an added advantage; relevant experience in GIZ is a strong advantage.
- Outstanding knowledge of purchasing.
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
- good knowledge of the European language widely used in the country, ideally a knowledge of German
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed –corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- Good organisational skills.
- A good team player who is willing to take on responsibility.
- Innovative and possessing a positive attitude to change.
HOW TO APPLY:
- NB: (Please include vacancy no. 013 in mail subject).
- GIZ is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity.
- All qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race and
- religion are encouraged to apply.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Closing Date: 24.02.2022
DISCLAIMER!!! – Areatalk report is an online publication platforms that brings to your Notice of latest News, recruitments and Job Vacancies and will under no circumstance request applicants to pay money or give any personal items of monetary value to company or any agency