Nestle Nigeria Plc is a publicly listed food and beverage specialty company headquartered in Lagos. ItR 17;s mostly owned by a holding company based in Switzerland and have ties to the company Tolaram Group. The company was founded in 1961 and conducted trading under the name of Nestle Products Nigeria Limited.
Nestlé Nigeria is currently looking to hire a Safety, Health & Environment Officer whose responsibilities include to Inspire and empower excellence in safety, health, and environmental sustainability across the site/unit.
- Create a compelling understanding of the Nestlé SH&E values and inspire stakeholders to excel in compliance & continuously improve, leveraging NCE Foundations and Advanced Practices (eg TPM, Lean Value Stream).
- Promote a behavioral approach to SH&E, based on Nestlé Leadership Framework.
Implement NSMS & NEMS:
- Guide implementation of the NSMS, NEMS, and other Group SH&E Standards.
- Develop and continuously improve site/unit SH&E programmes to deliver compliance and performance improvement.
- Ensure local S&H management system is certified to OHSAS 18001:2007 (all units) and to ISO14001:2004 (factories, PTCs, DCs).
Develop SH&E Networks:
- Develop & coordinate SH&E networks of professionals, champions, and SMEs for the site/unit.
- Develop their functional and leadership competencies and ensure robust succession plans for key S&H positions.
- Ensure managers receive trusted guidance & support on relevant S&H matters.
- Identify expertise and good practices from inside and outside Nestlé and communicate them internally (both within the site/unit and beyond).
- Co-ordinate internal & external resources to ensure delivery of high quality and efficient S&H support, eg exposure monitoring, health promotion, health surveillance, life cycle assessment, training.
- Leverage SHE-PM and other tools to monitor & analyse performance and improve decision making.
Audit & Review:
- Ensure compliance is regularly audited and performance assessed, and the results used to drive further improvement.
- Promote effective communication of successes and learnings, and recognition for strong performers and contributors.
- Engage with internal stakeholders on SH&E topics
- Project management experience
- Experience in FMCG will be an added advantage
- Experience in working in an operational environment.
- Experience in taking ownership of Safety & Health and drive change through personal leadership.
- Knowledge of analyzing complex problems to identify multiple root causes.
- Ability to Influence behavioral change in a team/department.
- Ability to work in and can lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to translate policies & standards into practical action plans.
- Coach individuals and teams in different environments.
- Good communication & Organizational skills
- Very proactive