The Niger Delta Development Commission is a federal government agency established by Nigerian president Olusegun Obasanjo in the year 2000 with the sole mandate of developing the oil-rich Niger Delta region of Nigeria.
To further boost human resources Development in the Niger Delta Region, the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC is once again embarking on its foreign post Graduate Scholarship Programme to equip our young people with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the local content program me of the federal Government as well as enable them to acquire specialization in their fields of study and thus Compete globally in various professional disciplines.
Applications are invited from qualified applicants to apply for the 2023 Scholarship Scheme
The scheme is for suitably qualified applicants with relevant Bachelor’s Degrees from recognized universities in the following disciplines
- Biomedical Engineering
- Software/Aeronautic Space/ Aeroplane Engineering
- Marine/Chemical/Petrochemical Engineering
- Civil / Mechanical / Metallurgical Engineering
- Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Robotic Engineering
- Information Technology
- Artificial Intelligence
- Math / Sciences
- Medical Sciences/Medicine and Surgery
- Hospitality Management
Criteria and Guidelines for Qualification
- Scholar must come from the Niger Delta region
- Possess five Credits at not more than 2 sittings
- Students must obtain First Class Degree / Second Class Upper Division to benefit from the Scholarship
The Scholarship Benefit
The amount for the foreign scholarship shall be based on the prevailing exchange rate of the Naira.
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government Identification letter
- Post Graduate admission letter from a recognized Overseas/Nigerian University
- Relevant degrees from recognized Universities
- Successfully completed application form will be assigned a registration number automatically
- Print the hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgement for ease of reference
- All shortlisted applicants will be posted on NDDC website (www.nddc.gov.ng)
- Shortlisted candidates will take part in a Computer-Based Test (CBT).
NDDC Post-Graduate Scholarship 2023 Selection Process
- Online application on the Commission’s website
- Shortlist candidate using:
- WASSCE/ NECO
- Undergraduate degree (1st Class / Second Class Upper)
- Local Government Identification
- Computer Based Test to be conducted in each State of the Niger Delta by Consultants. This will test I.Q proficiency in English, Mathematics and General Paper.
- Score a minimum of 70% in the test.
- Shortlist Successful candidates.
- Final verification through the Local Government Areas and Community Development Committees.
- The Commission (NDDC) will not enter into any form of Communication with candidates who are not shortlisted for the Computer Based Test (CBT), those who are not invited for oral interview or candidates that are not successful during the oral interviews.
- Preferences will be given to candidates from Oil Producing Host / Communities / Local Government Areas as long as candidates meet the approved cut-off mark.
- The Commission will ensure a fair spread of courses amongst beneficiaries within each State.
- Deferment, Change of Institution and Course are not permitted.
- The Commission reserves the sole and absolute discretion to select in line with the above stated criteria and its internal consideration. The decision of the Commission in this regard is final.
- For further enquiries, contact the Director, Education, NDDC:
- Mobile: +234(0)8032610105 or 07035681124
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply for NDDC Post-Graduate
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 9th November, 2022 .
For enquiries about NDDC Post-Graduate Scholarship 2023, kindly use the comments section.
I will be very very happy if I get the job Thanks
Am HAPPY that am here