9Mobile was Nigeria’s fourth-largest telco. After making a powerful entry, using a clever PR campaign hinged on the catchy “0809ja” theme song, the company catapulted itself to a place of relevance. Until 2017, 9Mobile was called Etisalat Nigeria, a brand name it inherited from one of its major shareholders, the UAE’s Emirates Telecommunication Group Company.
We are recruiting for the position of Manager. IT Demand & BR Management
Job Id: Job: IRC4571
Location: Lagos Nigeria
Ensure that IT solutions and related services are effectively applied, by taking full ownership of IT demand matters from the business filter, prioritize and plan fulfilment whilst providing visibility to the Management team.
- Understand and document the desired outcome of an IT service and decide if the customer’s need can be fulfilled using an existing IT service offering or if a new or changed IT service must be created.
- Manage workload and assignments of a team of IT Demand Management & Business Relationship Specialists.
- Initiate and execute intra-departmental communication and improvement activities to ensure maximum alignment of the IT with business priorities and facilitate IT demand capturing.
- Build an overall demand pipeline on an annual basis as well as in an ongoing basis (mapped against annual plan).
- Capture new IT demands and ensure structured and high quality of demand’s scope and specification in order to have a consistent basis for estimation and scheduling of the implementation.
- Liaise with the business units to shape and implement the demand management processes as well as the regular liaison / relationship management interactions.
- Develop KPIs for Demand Management as well as dashboards and regular reports to create transparency and tracking of change requests and projects.
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting of all IT demand related issues to senior management and key stakeholders.
- Develop, define, and implement the overall IT demand management structure & processes especially with upcoming business initiatives, and the current demand in terms of Change execution performance and capacity requirement challenges.
- Understand pattern of business activities and the underlying drivers & recommend appropriate actions in order to keep IT budget & costs within approved limits while meeting Business requirements on time, minimizing delivery risks and quality.
- Support continuous service improvement by championing the prioritization and resolution of all customer demand requirement.
- Ensure SLAs are agreed with internal customers and ensure alignment with the SLAs agreed with delivery partners
- Manage the risks related to delivery capacity and capability of current and forecasted demand
- Assist in developing solid forecasts that guarantees the continuance of business activities.
- Engage relevant top-level management of the business units at a strategic level to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction
- Customer liaison/advocacy – Understand the customers’ expectations based on their strategic objectives while delineating expectations that are driven out of individual behaviour and institutionalizing customer-centric improvement mechanism for business benefits.
- Manage the demand pipeline and liaise the business functions to capture, structure, prioritize, influence and align and plan fulfillment of accepted business demand whilst matching this demand with the IT delivery capacity.
- Attend relevant Business and decision-making forums which deal with future IT demand and new requirements
- Plan carry out and evaluate regular customer satisfaction surveys.
- Record customer complaints and compliments, to assess the complaints and to instigate corrective action if required.
- Continuously monitor the processing status of outstanding customer complaints and work with relevant units in the business to take corrective action if required.
- Organize periodic Internal Customer Forum (ICF) with Business Units/Areas to review performance, understand expectations and negotiate priorities.
- First degree from a recognised University
- Relevant IT Certifications (ISEB BA, CBAP, ITIL, PMI etc.) are an added advantage.
- Six (6) to Eight(8) year IT work experience with at least three (3) years at supervisory position Experience within the IT and Telecommunications industry will be an added advantage.
- Effective business relationship management skills.
- Understanding of IT Governance and Demand and Supply management, Knowledge of ITIL Service Strategy, Design, Transition and Operation.
- Effective communication and change management skills.