This position will be responsible for executing a risk-based audit plan to assess, report on, and make suggestions for improving the company’s key operational and finance activities and internal controls. Additionally, work with limited supervision primarily as leader of a team (normally 1 – 3 analysts) responsible for accomplishing all aspects of assigned reviews.
- Support the internal audit function in conducting audits, including planning, testing, and reporting.
- Collaborate with departmental managers to understand their operations and identify areas of risk.
- Assist in the development of audit plans and strategies that align with business objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Identify and analyse risks and make recommendations for improvement.
- Monitor and follow-up on the implementation of audit recommendations and ensure corrective actions are taken.
- Prepare reports for management on audit findings and recommendations.
- Review and update internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a strong understanding of regulatory requirements and changes that may impact the organization.
- Supervise audit team to ensure quality and on-time delivery.
- Evaluate current audit procedures and recommend improvements.
- Evaluate and enhance internal controls to improve operational efficiency.
- Discuss with management about audit observations, recommendations, and actions to be taken.
- Prepare clear and complete audit work papers and store them in department repository.
- Review audit work papers prepared by the audit staff to ensure sound audit theory and compliance with the department’s methodology.
- Responsible for the daily supervision of audit staff and responsible for the development of audit staff and the completion of performance evaluations.
- Ensures that reviews are completed in compliance with the Internal Audit Department and Institute of Internal Auditor standards.
- Coordinate team activities to assure that review objectives are achieved, and review is conducted in accordance with company standards.
- Train/mentor staff assigned to the team. Prepare performance reviews at completion of reviews.
- Ensure that all work papers supporting the review are clear and concise.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Recognized professional in Accounting, Risk Management, and Internal Audit with ACA, ACCA, or CIA certification.
- Relevant management qualification or training.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in the Enterprise Risk Management field in similar organisations.
- Great work culture and multiple opportunities for growth and self-development.
- 18 days of annual leave, excluding federal public holidays.
- Health insurance coverage.
- Monthly employer pension contribution.
Location: Rivers State