Elduke Ventures is a wholesale, retail and dispensing pharmaceutical organization established for the distribution and retailing of locally manufactured and imported drugs, as well as the provision of free consultation and counselling for customers by well trained professionals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below for our outlets:
Job Title: Truck Driver
We are looking for an experienced Truck Driver to serve ouir supply chain logistics department in a safe and timely manner.
- Transport finished goods over land to and from our retail and distribution outlets
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
- Document and log work/rest periods and kilometres spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
- Input “macros” into our automated system for each stage of the loading and unloading process
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations.
- Candidates should possess an SSCE / NECO / OND qualification with a minimum of 10 years work experience.
- Proven work experience as a Truck Driver.
- Hands on experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, AVL units, CB etc).
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- No recent moving or driving violations.
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc).
- Willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment recommendations.
- Trucking school diploma.
- Valid truck driving licence (Class G).
- Must be resident in Port Harcourt, Rivers state.
Method of Application
Application Closing Date: 20th November, 2021