The Station Manager is to ensure on-time performance of all domestic, Regional and international flights,
transit passenger, baggage, cargo and aircraft activities with the highest standard of service and efficiency
rendered to passengers and customers of the airlines with safety, security and on-time departure being
- Oversees all aspects of the station’s operations ensuring safe, punctual, efficient and smooth
- Assumes direct responsibility for his Station Agents, Customer Service Agent, Security Staff,
- Ticketing and Reservation Officers, Dispatcher, Ramp Agent, Driver, and Catering Officer) Checkin Agent and Baggage Handlers etc)
- Directs all activities related to Station Operations and Coordinates all functions to ensure
- superior customer service, operational integrity, and positive employee relations.
- Develops schedules ensuring cost compliance and allocating needed resources
- Ensures customer service representatives are fully trained, and knowledgeable and provide
- superior customer service.
- Ensures compliance with all UNA Ground Operation Manuals, Load Manuals, Station Manuals
- and other documents relevant to the management of the station.
- Ensures compliance with International, Federal, State and Local Aviation Regulations
- Identifies and manages station problems, investigates and provides recommendations for
- operational efficiency for Management
- Makes yearly plans and budgets for the station. Negotiates and manages airport-specific
- contracts, and quotations and follows up service compliance in accordance with the existing
- Initiates service recovery efforts in the event of operations irregularities in cooperation with
- Operational Dispatch.
- Verifies and approves all station-related invoices and reports any mistakes accordingly.
- Involves in station staff recruitment, initiatives disciplinary hearings, training, development and
- motivational exercises for station staff
- Provides leadership and guidance to the ground handling agents and UNA staff
- Represents UNA at all Airport related functions, and meetings and liaise with the airport
- authority and governmental offices.
- Ensures company brand and values compliance
- Ensures weekly meetings with the station team
- Ensures team in the station
- Complete quarterly and annual appraisal and staff assessment and make recommendations and
- submit to the HR Dept.
- Maintain excellent relationships with Aviation Authorities-NCAA, FAAN, NAMA and NIMET and
- others-bankers, hotels, car hires etc
- submit to FAAN, NAMA, and NCAA all relevant official documents required by regulation.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned by management from time to time.
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of Nig.CARs
- Knowledge of Ground Handling Operations will be of advantage especially dangerous goods,
- IATA etc.
- Ability to develop working partnerships with all departments and other airlines at the airport
- Analytical and forward-looking
- Technical expertise – mastery of job-related knowledge, skills and abilities
- Team player
- Anticipation and prioritization abilities
- Must be very meticulous with eyes for details.
- Must have Leadership and motivational skills
- Directing and developing staff
- Relationship-building skills
- Interpersonal skills
- HND or B.Sc. in any discipline
- A higher degree will be an added advantage.
- Must be able to work late hours and multi-task.
- A minimum of three to four (3-4) years’ experience in this role or related capacity.
- Must be comfortable working under extreme pressure
- Must be smart enough to take critical decisions within very short time limit.
Location: Location: Ibadan, Akure, Maiduguri, Ebonyi, Kano, Jos, Benin, Sokoto
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should forward his/her application (indicating location) and CV to email@example.com