Julius Berger is a leading Nigerian company offering integrated construction solutions and related services. We specialize in executing complex works that require the highest levels of technical expertise and excel in the implementation of state-of-the-art construction methods and technologies. Core competencies cover all project phases, including planning, design, engineering, construction, maintenance and operation, for building, infrastructure and industry projects
The job holder is responsible for designing and constructing building and structures that are safe and capable of withstanding the elements to which they will be exposed, as well as improving the structural integrity of existing building.
- Design structural components for large-scale projects, including analysing survey reports, topographical maps, zoning restrictions and client requirements to ensure specifications meet project goals.
- Review blueprints, plans, and change orders to verify structural integrity of materials and designs and perform complex calculations and use modelling methods to ensure correct results.
- Participate in initial planning and bidding processes, including reviewing environmental factors, government regulations, constructions costs and risk analysis reports to prepare comprehensive study on all relevant design factors.
- Research existing and new material technology to determine practical applications, strength and durability expectations and cost-benefits information, and prepare material recommendations for current and future projects.
- Create and present structural overviews for upcoming projects and develop reports that include technical details for engineers as well as big-picture analysis and cost estimates for project managers and senior executives.
- Use AutoCAD and other drafting software programs to create 2D design documents and 3D models for individual components and overall structural plans according to client needs and project requirements for deliverables.
- Prepare documentation for private and government clients covering project plans and progress, change orders, environmental impact findings, ownership transfers and other relevant information.
- Any other assigned responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, building technology or any related field of study.
- Master’s in engineering will be an added advantage.
- Relevant certifications with the Institute of Structural engineers.
- Minimum 5 224000521" crossorigin="anonymous"> years’ experience handling similar role in construction will be preferred.