Valaris Limited (previously ENSCO-Rowan plc) is an offshore drilling contractor headquartered in Houston, Texas, and incorporated in the UK.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position Below
- Job Title: Electronic Technician.
- Job Identification: 1757.
- Locations: VALARIS DS-10.
- Job Schedule: Full time
The Electronic Technician (ET) performs preventative and corrective maintenance on all electronic-related equipment, with oversight of the Chief ET; the ET communicates regularly with the other departments (IT, mechanical, electrical, engine room, subsea, drilling, marine, and safety) as well as the client and other service partners when required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as a safety leader ensuring the ongoing identification of hazards and the implementation of controls to manage the associated risks with a special focus on Permit to Work and Isolation procedures.
- Maintains and repairs all electronic systems including dynamic positioning, communication, data acquisition, telecommunication equipment and navigational equipment.
- Maintains and repairs electronic systems in relation to subsea BOP equipment and drilling package instrumentation and electronics.
- Carries out installation, calibration, and modification of electronic systems and components as per the company’s maintenance standards.
- Maintains, installs, and works on hazardous area electrical equipment.
- Maintains sufficient spares are onboard, in conjunction with the Chief ET and Electrical/Electronic Supervisor, for critical/safety/maintenance/operational systems with a proactive attitude with regards to the upcoming Preventive Maintenance System.
- Maintains workshop equipment/tools to the highest safety standards.
- Performs daily visual inspections of equipment and prevents/rectifies actual and potential malfunctions; reports potentially dangerous conditions to the Chief ET.
- Coordinates planning and execution of preventive maintenance with a minimum of 6 weeks overview to cover current hitch and half of the back‐to-back hitch, keeping an updated and accurate and detailed historical record of all maintenance done as well as all equipment certification documents.
- Prioritizes maintenance tasks assigned to safety & environmental critical equipment/systems (SECE’s) as defined in VAMS.
Qualifications / Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Basic electronic knowledge/skills through work experience or certificate of education in lieu of work experience.
- Basic computer skills.
- Fluent English communication skills (oral and written).
- Compliance with the training matrix for the Electronic Technician position.
- Experience working in drilling units within the West Africa region is highly preferred.
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates Should Click Here to Apply Online.
We welcome qualified female applicants to apply for this position.