As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, we are dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world. GIZ has over
50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment promotion, energy and the environment, and peace and security. The diverse expertise of our federal enterprise is in demand around the globe – from the German Government, European
Union institutions, the United Nations, the private sector and governments of other countries. We work with businesses, civil society actors and research institutions, fostering successful interaction between
development policy and other policy fields and areas of activity. Our main commissioning party is the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
The registered offices of GIZ are in Bonn and Eschborn. In 2 019, we generated a business volume of around EUR 3.1 billion. Our 22,199 employees, almost 70 per cent of whom are national staff, work in around
120 countries. As a recognised development service provider, we currently have 556 development workers in action in partner countries. Furthermore, in 2019, the Centre for International Migration and
Development (CIM), which is run jointly by GIZ and the German Federal Employment Agency, placed 262 integrated experts and 515 returning experts with local employers in our partner countries, or provided them
with financial support, advice or other services. Personnel and business figures as at 31 December 2019
The global programme “Migration for Development” (PME) works on
behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and
Development (BMZ) and is implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für
Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ). PME aims at creating opportunities
for returning migrants as well as for the local population (potential
migrants). To this end, PME has established a structure for migration and
reintegration advice, the Nigerian-German Center for Jobs Migration and
Reintegration (NGC). The NGC provides individual counseling services
and advice on prospects for both returning and potential migrants in Nigeria, economic (re-)integration support, information on vocational and
educational perspectives and employment opportunities including
entrepreneurship and self-employment. For its activities in Edo State, the
PME Team is seeking to recruit a Junior Employment and Reintegration
Advisor – Fashion Hub.
Job Title: Junior Employment and Reintegration Advisor, Fashion Sector.
Organization: GIZ Nigeria, Migration for Development (PME) Programme
Location: Lagos State
Salary: According to GIZ Nigeria Salary scale for Band 3
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASK’S:
- The position holder carries out advice giving activities in the above-mentioned frame to individuals seeking counselling and support particularly with regards to Fashion and textile.
- S/he researches, compiles and makes available relevant information related to education and (self) employment
- opportunities in Nigeria.
- S/he supports the Coordinator of the Nigerian-German Centre for Jobs, Migration and Reintegration (NGC), in the day-to-day activities at the Centre and Fashion Hub to fulfil tasks assigned by the Coordinator.
- S/he supports the Coordinator in further development of the activities and approaches of the NGC.
- S/he additionally supports the team during fieldwork regarding communication with various actors.
TASKS: The Junior Employment and Reintegration Advisor perform the
- The functions listed below are indicative and may be modified according to the needs of the project.
- Carrying out advice to individuals seeking support and counselling at the NGC and Fashion Hub.
- Researching relevant information on ongoing developments on (re-)integration to Nigeria and perspectives in this area.
- Following-up and updating the team on ongoing developments with regards to the topic of migration in Nigeria and the activities of the government regarding this topic.
- Conducting research and monitoring of employment opportunities and the labour market in Nigeria as well as transnational economic activities between Nigeria and Germany – providing related information to the team.
- Ensuring good communication and flow of information within GIZ and with other relevant actors Providing general administrative support at the Fashion Hub.
- Ensuring a good flow of information and coordination with State partners and stakeholders particularly on Fashion and textiles.
- Researching, reviewing, preparing and forwarding relevant reports and documents.
- Supporting the organization of events and documents meetings (by taking notes and minutes of meetings, events) workshops and seminars at the State level.
- Preparing workshop material and giving lectures/trainings on vocational and educational perspectives and employment opportunities in Nigeria and on options and requirements of labour migration to Germany.
- Updating the relevant folders of the GIZ Knowledge Management System to facilitate access to key information for tenders such as project references, performance confirmations from clients etc.
- Engaging in other activities assigned by the State Coordinator.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION’S, COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of Bachelor or master’s degree in social sciences, law, communications or any other project-related field.
- Not more than 3 years’ relevant work experience preferable in one
- of the fields relevant to the project, including in the field of
- employment promotion in Lagos.
- Excellent written and oral English language skills;
- German language skills would be an asset.
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Strong knowledge of MS Office including the data analyses/processing packages;
- Familiarity with the administrative, political and migration policy environment in Nigeria and the region;
- A strong capacity for effective teamwork, high degree of flexibility, ability to work under pressure of deadlines;
- Attention to detail;
- Willingness to travel in and outside the country.
ALSO APPLY FOR:
HOW TO APPLY:
- NB: (Please include vacancy no. 012 in mail subject).
- GIZ is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity.
- All qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race and religion are
- encouraged to apply.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 22.02.2022
DISCLAIMER!!! – Areatalk report is an online publication platforms that brings to your Notice of latest News, recruitments and Job Vacancies and will under no circumstance request applicants to pay money or give any personal items of monetary value to company or any agency