As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, we are dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world. GIZ has over
50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment promotion, energy and the environment, and peace and security. The diverse expertise of our federal enterprise is in demand around the globe – from the German Government, European
Union institutions, the United Nations, the private sector and governments of other countries. We work with businesses, civil society actors and research institutions, fostering successful interaction between development policy and other policy fields and areas of activity. Our main commissioning party is the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
The registered offices of GIZ are in Bonn and Eschborn. In 2019, we generated a business volume of around EUR 3.1 billion. Our 22,199 employees, almost 70 per cent of whom are national staff, work in around
120 countries. As a recognised development service provider, we currently have 556 development workers in action in partner countries.
Furthermore, in 2019, the Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM), which is run jointly by GIZ and the German Federal Employment Agency, placed 262 integrated experts and 515 returning experts with local employers in our partner countries, or provided them with financial support, advice or other services. Personnel and business figures as at 31 December 2019
The global programme “Migration for Development” (PME) works on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and is implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ). PME aims at creating opportunities for returning migrants as well as for the local population (potential migrants). To this end, PME has established a structure for migration and
reintegration advice, the Nigerian-German Center for Jobs Migration and Reintegration (NGC). The NGC provides individual counseling services and advice on prospects for both returning and potential migrants in Nigeria, economic (re-)integration support, information on vocational and educational perspectives and employment opportunities including
entrepreneurship and self-employment. For its activities in Edo State, the PME Team is seeking to recruit a Junior Employment and Reintegration Advisor.
Job Title: Project Assistant.
Organization: GIZ Nigeria, Migration for Development (PME) Programme
Location: Lagos State
Salary: According to GIZ Nigeria Salary scale for Band 2
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASK:
- The position holder will provide Support to general project planning, including preparation and organization of planning activities and implementation.
- Supporting coordination mechanism and synergies among Staff and stakeholders.
- S/he supports the Coordinator of the Nigerian-German Centre for Jobs, Migration and Reintegration (NGC), in the day-to-day activities at the Centre, different communities and regions and fulfils tasks assigned by the team lead and Coordinator.
- • S/he supports the coordinator in further development of the activities and approaches of the NGC.
- S/he additionally supports the team during fieldwork.
- Assist the team leader and management team in all programme-related matters.
- Assist in the organization of external and internal events, conferences, annual meetings, planning workshops.
TASK: The Project Assistant performs the following tasks:
- The functions listed below are indicative and may be modified according to the needs of the project.
- Carrying out advice to individuals seeking support and counselling at the NGC.
- Contribution to the organization of the information centre at NGC/FMLE.
- Providing general administrative support to the management and technical team.
- Supporting the organization of events and documents meetings/preparing of workshop/training materials.
- Updating the relevant folders of the GIZ Knowledge Management System to facilitate access to key information of clients such as project references, performance confirmations from clients etc. (CMT)
- Engaging in other activities assigned by the Team lead and State Coordinator.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION’S, COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of Bachelor or master’s degree in sciences, social sciences, law, communications or any other project-related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience preferably in one of the fields relevant to the project, including in the field of employment promotion in Lagos.
- Excellent written and oral English language skills.
- German language skills would be an asset.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office including the data analyses/processing packages.
- Familiarity with the administrative, political and migration policy environment in Nigeria and the region.
- A strong capacity for effective teamwork, high degree of flexibility,
- ability to work under pressure of deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel in and outside the country.
HOW TO APPLY:
You are kindly requested to submit your CV and letter of motivation as one document with complete contact details via email to: email@example.com or Visit the Website for more job opportunities
- NB: (Please include vacancy no. 010 in mail subject).
- GIZ is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity.
- All qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race and religion are
- encouraged to apply.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 22.02.2022
DISCLAIMER!!! – Areatalk report is an online publication platforms that brings to your Notice of latest News, recruitments and Job Vacancies and will under no circumstance request applicants to pay money or give any personal items of monetary value to company or any agency