The Electrical Engineer is required to support the delivery of all Electrical works at the COG (Conventional Oil & Gas) Electrical discipline. S/He will be part of a multi-discipline corporate Engineering team providing expert integrated engineering support to assets and projects across all the traditional Upstream business as well as the emerging renewable energies. S/He will provide electrical engineering support and steers in Concept definition, FEED, Detailed Engineering design, Installation and Construction phases of different green and brown Projects and will also support all Electrical discipline health checks activities which includes Electrical facilities inspections; Electrical authorization process and ESR & ESOP compliance audits in Assets and Projects; ensuring operational excellence in HSE and technical integrity of the Assets.
- Provide technical specialist Engineering expertise & support to the Infrastructure Project team for new and upgrade Projects during the design, procurement, installation and commissioning stages; ensuring alignment with local regulatory requirements and discipline
- Support the review for all Assets, SEN & NGRE (Nigerian Real Estate) Electrical modifications works through the Management of Change (MoC) system.
- Interface efficiently with Asset team, projects, operation support team, Service Providers and Statutory bodies, ensuring that requirements are fulfilled in design.
- Organize, coordinate and support the process of Electrical Authorization process which involves, collating nominations and getting facilitators and interviewers for the training and assessment to complete the process and issue certificate to successful candidates ensuring the database of authorized persons is always up to date
- Organize a quarterly review/audit of the Electrical Safety Rules (ESR) and Electrical Safety Operational procedures (ESOP) implementation/compliance by both Assets and Projects
- Contribute and partake in all technical and Safety audits and design reviews (e.g. HAZOP, SAFOP, peer reviews, design reviews, HBA etc) to ensure compliance with legislation and Shell global policies, guidelines and standards.
- Interface efficiently with Asset and Project teams, Service Providers and Statutory bodies, ensuring that requirements are fulfilled.
- Be able to attain Company’s s Electrical Technical Authority (TA3) and provide assurance in supportof e Shell Energy, Nigeria (SEN) Projects, Asset operations and new initiatives
- Participate in review of Work method statements (WMS), plans and procedure; Risks assessments and Job hazard analysis (JHA); and the Project execution schedule and work activities plan for SEN.
- Support the design of Do It Yourself (DiY) from Asset, SEN and NGRE by providing assurance for all Electrical Engineering deliverables
- Initiate necessary reviews and update of the Electrical Safety Rules and Electrical Safety Operating Procedures as required and in alignment with the Company’s HSSE&CF framework
- Support the Well’s team and other stakeholders in carrying out integrity checks/audit on Contractor’s vessel, houseboats etc to ensure compliance with the Company’s Electrical safety rules
- Promote the application of new technologies and design/implementation methodologies
- Obtain continuous improvement initiatives and follow up with Assets for implementation
- Organize the quarterly skill pool and TAs meetings
Also Apply: New Job Openings at Baker Hughes (3 Position)
- Electrical Engineering graduate with a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, preferably registered with Council for regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN and a member of NSE (Nigeria Society of Engineers)
- Minimum of 5 years Electrical engineering practice in the Oil & Gas industry is a must
- Conversant with Nigerian, Shell Group and International oil and gas facilities design codes and standards.
- Conversant with electrical software tools for the suite of electrical system studies, short circuit, load flow, motor starting, arc flash calculation, protection settings coordination and discrimination and stability studies. Cable sizing and selection lighting calculations and modelling; DC systems, conversion equipment, battery systems and dc distribution networks
- Good knowledge of sizing and selection of Key electrical equipment such as Generators, Transformers, HV & LV Switchgears, Motors/Motor starters, UPS, packaged equipment etc.
- Experience in installation, testing and commissioning of electrical systems comprising of Generators, HV/LV cables, Transformers, HV/LV switchgears (Packaged substation), UPS, Motors etc.
- Able to Model DC systems including solar (PV) arrays and BESS (Battery Energy Storage Systems)
- Manage the selection, installation, inspection, repair of electrical equipment for hazardous (classified) areas
- Good knowledge of electrical safety vis-a-vis safe isolation, earthing, LOTO (Lock out tag out) , issue of electrical certificates
- Selection & installation of Ex equipment in Hazardous areas etc.
- Ability to function effectively in a multi-ethnic, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Good personal relations and communications skills are paramount for success. Inter-cultural awareness, team integration abilities are a requirement
- Personal effectiveness and ability to work and learn fast on the job.
- Must be self-driven to deliver agreed tasks
Job Location: Warri
Method of Application
Interested and qualified Candidates Should Click Here to Apply Online.