This position has the following core responsibilities: • Be responsible for the management, implementation, operation, monitoring and review of the Project HSE management system, with the target of achieving work activities without any incident, or harm to personnel or damage to property or the environment. (GOAL ZERO). Provide functional HSE leadership to all the Project HSE personnel.
- Provide positive and professional leadership to all direct report and personnel at site
- Coach and mentor the HSE officers and other direct report to ensure professionalism and the company’s core values are maintained
- Provide advice and support to Construction team on issues relating to occupational health and safety.
- Support implementation of HSE and other related polices at the project site.
- Delegate appropriate responsibility for the provision of Environmental services whilst retaining overall accountability
- Ensure all project PTW plan, JHA, and Procedures etc.) are implemented at site
- Participate in inspection of third-party equipment sent to site.
- Inspect all permits to work to be used and ensure all parties have authorized the job to start.
- Support the Project Engineers in carrying out weekly progress meetings
- Ensure that daily and weekly HSE report are submitted to the Project HSE Lead.
- Notify HSE Lead of any incident within one hour of occurrence and Conduct preliminary incident investigation and report same within 12hours.
- Cascade learning points from incidents after report approval.
- Follow up with close out and provide status reports frequently.
- Ensure that emergency drills are conducted as scheduled in plan and report sent to appropriate persons before the close of business the next day.
- Ensure that entire personnel on project including visitors and client undergo project specific HSE site inductions.
- Hold project monthly HSE meeting on schedule and issue MOM to client reps and HOD within 3 days of the meeting.
- Participate in job hazard analysis sessions for each job/task in the project.
- Ensure that every personnel at site is issued company approved PPEs to carry out their job task and enforce compliance with its use.
- Ensure waste are evacuated on schedule (fortnightly), tracked and required documents updated.
- Prepare daily HSE reports to site managements and client rep.
- Ensure that all Hazards and Risks associated with project work activities have been identified, assessed and actions implemented to eliminate or reduce these to ALARP.
- Ensure that emergency preparedness and response plans are understood and cascaded at site, documented, and implemented.
- Adhere to all international compliance guidelines relative to health and safety.
- Ensure all frontline workers understand their roles and work accordingly by conducting toolbox meetings.
- Liaise with clients on discussing safety learnings
- Carried out first aid duties at work locations
- Carried out gas testing duties at work locations.
- Any other HSE related duties that may be require
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Professional HSE certification
- Minimum of 5 224000521" crossorigin="anonymous"> years in HSE Fields.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Great work culture and multiple opportunities for growth and self-development.
- 18 days of annual leave, excluding federal public holidays.
- Health Insurance coverage.
- Monthly employer pension contribution.
- An opportunity to play an important role in building one of the top SaaS start-ups in the global emerging market.
Method of Application
Interested and Qualified Candidates Should Click Here to Apply Online.