Heirs Oil & Gas is Africa’s largest, indigenous owned, oil and gas company, headquartered in Nigeria and led by a board and management team with significant regional and global experience in production, exploration, and value creation in the resources sector. Heirs Oil & Gas is the sole operator of OML 17, in Nigeria’s Niger Delta.
Heirs Oil & Gas is committed to the highest standards of safety, health, and community relations, together with best practice in governance and accountability.
We are recruiting for the Position Below:
◾Job title: HSE Systems & Assurance Lead
◾Job Identification: 11
◾Degree Level: University ◾Job Schedule: Full time
◾Location: PHC, Port Harcourt, Rivers, NG
Responsible for auditing the HSE Management System (MS) which evaluates the implementation and effectiveness of the HSE MS and providing the appropriate personnel with information to support decision making and effectively execute their responsibilities in compliance to the HSE MS. Provides analyses, appraisals, recommendations, coaching, and related information concerning the activities audited, the adequacy and effectiveness of the organization’s HSE MS.
- Responsible for the development, deployment and implementation of the HSE MS system Assurance Program by planning, leading and managing the HSE Audit protocol and program throughout the company.
- Provides effective coaching and mentoring to operations personnel and demonstrates a disciplined approach to the Company policies, processes, and procedures.
- Drives implementation of the MS and measures organizational compliance through verification.
- Develops a common understanding of HSE MS assurance alignment and direction regarding the Audit program and processes.
- Maintains responsibility for all aspects of the HSE MS auditing process: including performing audits, developing auditors, scheduling audit teams, conducting audit follow-up, and preparing audit reports and reviews.
- Develops and implements a risk-based audit program using HSE analytics.
- Defines / identifies, records, tracks, maintains, and validates non-conformances, corrective actions, preventive actions, risk mitigation plans and effectiveness of HSE Assurance program
- Conducts contractor management risk assessment and establishes whether contractor audit is required based upon risk, business needs and impact
- Performs trend analysis and develops performance metrics for the implementation and effectiveness of HSE MS Processes and Tools; responsible for assimilation of data, reporting, and developing audit KPI’s.
- Provides coaching for all aspects of the business regarding the implementation and effectiveness of the HSE MS.
- Assists in the management of HSE MS Document Control
- Ensures compliance with applicable HSE Performance Standards, as well as applicable regulations and other internal/external requirements.
- Follows up on corrective actions that result from audit findings, incidents and near misses and ensures that all items are implemented, closed and followed up for effectiveness.
- Demonstrates quality and consistency of execution of the HSE MS by verifying and recommending improvements to Standards, Procedures and Tools
- Fosters a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensures principles of risk management are understood and implemented in the organization.
- Works with management to develop an understanding and proper use of adequate risk assessment, root cause analysis, nonconformance and corrective action.
- Identifies competency gaps and assists with coaching and development plans.
- Manages, qualifies, trains and mentors HSE Auditors; creates HSE MS Auditor Competency
Knowledge & Skills
- Focus on delivering high performance through collaboration & team work at all levels in the company.
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of legislation, standards and industry best practices impacting HSE.
- Demonstrated experience in developing audit programs and delivering outcomes so that timelines are met across a range of concurrent audits.
- Superior ability to think strategically, innovatively and laterally to generate new ideas and paradigms.
- High level of analysis skills to identify issues and develop recommendations to address causal factors contributing to the occurrence of incidents and near misses.
- Superior listening skills and interpretive capabilities to gather, understand and analyses relevant information from those involved in investigations and audits.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of the Production Operations Oil & Gas Industry.
- EP safety systems
- Contractor HSE Management.
- Oil Spill Management Safe Systems of Work.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Physical Sciences, Engineering or related fields.
- Minimum of 8 years active experience in E&P with Auditing experience.
- Proven evidence of sustained performance and delivery of EP safety systems, Safety case including operationalization, Stop system, PRODUCTION OPERATIONS safety management systems (ISO 45001) and ISO 14001 requirements.
- Proven experience in planning and execution of major HSE Programs
- People Management Skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- People Leadership.
- Stakeholder/Relationship Management.
- Ability to manage complexities.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply.
Application Ends: 07/20/2022