The FCT College of Education, Zuba, under the Education Secretariat, Federal Capital Territory Administration, has the mandate to, among other things, produce NCE Teachers for the Basic Education Level.
The FCT College of Education is recruiting candidates suitable to fill in for the vacant position in the school.
◾Job Title: Registrar
The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the College and is responsible to the Provost for the day-to-day administration of the College
He / she also serves as Secretary to the Governing Council, Academic Board and Committees of the Council.
- Candidate must be a graduate with good honors Degree in any of the Social Sciences / Arts subjects with at least eighteen (18) years cognate experience or a Master’s Degree from a recognized institution of higher learning plus at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience; or a Doctorate Degree with at least twelve (12) years cognate experience.
- Evidence of strong administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good industrial human relations and positive managerial attributes;
- Evidence of membership of reputable professional body(ies) in Nigeria.
- Be information and Communication Technology (ICT) compliant and must command respect and be able to carry colleagues along.
- Be objective, fair minded, impartial, and proven integrity; and
- The successful applicant must not exceed fifty-five (55) years of age at the time of assumption of duty.
Terms of Appointment / Conditions of Service
- The Registrar shall hold office for single term of five (5) years as contained in the act establishing the college, beginning from the effective date of the appointment and on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
- Salary scale as obtainable in the condition of service of Registrars of Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their hand written Applications and attach twenty (20) copies of their curriculum vitae, giving the details in the following order:
- Full names with surname underline.
- Date and place of birth.
- State of Origin / Local Government Area.
- Marital Status.
- Number and ages of children.
- Current postal address / including Telephone Number and E-mail address.
- Educational institutions Attended with Dates.
- Academic / professional qualification obtained with dates.
- Membership of professional bodies / associations.
- Previous Employer(s) and Posts held with Dates.
- Present Employment, indicating present status and salary.
- Names and address of three (3) referees, who are to forward confidential reports on the applicant. Such referees should be able to attest to the candidate’s claims of administrative capacities as well as their characters.
All applications should be addressed to “The Secretary for Education, Education Secretariat, FCTA, Abuja”, and submitted in sealed envelope to reach:
The Office of Secretary for Education,
FCT, Education Secretariat,
Second Floor, Area Eleven,
Application Ends: 22nd August, 2022.
Leave a Reply