The FCT College of Education, Zuba, under the Education Secretariat, Federal Capital Territory Administration, has the mandate to, among other things, produce NCE Teachers for the Basic Education Level.
The FCT College of Education is recruiting candidates suitable to fill in for the vacant position in the school.
◾Job Title: Provost
The Provost is the Chief Executive Officer of the College and is answerable to the Governing Council.
The Provost is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Academic, Administrative and Financial affairs of the Institution.
- Candidate must be a Chief Lecturer or equivalent in a higher institution.
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) years experience.
- Must not be more than fifty-five (55) years at the time of assumption of duty as Provost if successful.
- Must have evidence of Academic and Administrative Leadership.
- Must have evidence of Professional Standing and Honours.
- Must have evidence of Community Services.
- Must possess proficiency in ICT (Packages and Capabilities).
- Must be conversant with the operations in the Colleges of Education Sector.
- Must have societal linkages and be able to attract research funds and development grants from Local and International agencies.
- Must have good conduct, discipline, dedication, resourcefulness and be able to command respect and loyalty of the members of staff and the students of the College and meet the demands of teacher education for the 21 century.
- Must be somebody who is not likely to promote personal, social, ethnic, political, religious and other sectional interests.
- Must have a report of medical fitness from a Government Hospital Must have confidential report from three (3) referees, who are to forward confidential reports on the applicant. Such referees should be able to attest to the candidate’s claims of administrative capacities as well as their characters.
Terms of Appointment:
- The Provost shall be appointed for an initial period of four (4) years. The position is renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
- The provost enjoys a Consolidated Salary Structure and other fringe benefits as applicable to Provosts of Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria.
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit twenty (20) copies of their Application with copies of their Curriculum Vitae containing the details in the following order(s):
- Full names; surname underline.
- Date and place of birth.
- State of Origin/Local Government Area.
- Marital Status.
- Current postal address. E-mail address and Telephone Numbers.
- Permanent Home Address.
- Educational Institutions attended with dates.
- Academic and Professional qualifications obtained with dates.
- Present Employment and Salary Grade.
All applications should be addressed to “The Secretary for Education, Education Secretariat, FCTA, Abuja”, and submitted in sealed envelope to reach:
The Office of Secretary for Education,
FCT, Education Secretariat,
Second Floor, Area Eleven,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview.
Application Ends: 22nd August, 2022.