Lily Hospitals Limited is one of Nigeria’s growing networks of private healthcare institutions with an outstanding reputation for delivering excellent clinical services. Since our inception under current management in 1998, we have remained at the forefront of providing and delivering quality patient-centered, responsive and technology-driven care across various locations in Nigeria to both citizens and foreign nationals.
We offer a wide range of integrated health services which include: IVF, ophthalmology, radio-diagnostics, laboratory, pre-medical and hyperbaric services, neonatology, ICU care, minimal access procedures and other general medical and surgical services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
◾Job Title: Embryologist
The embryologist is responsible for fertility treatment and reproductive research.
The job holder performs routine diagnostic services and therapeutic embryological procedures, such as in vitro fertilization (IVF) at Lily fertility center, communicates with patients about specific treatment options regarding fertility and researches infertility solutions with other medical, nursing and counseling staff.
- Analyze semen and prepare sperm for Intrauterine Insemination (IUI), In Vitro Fertilization ( IVF) and Intracytoplasmic Injection ( ICSI).
- Prepare sperm from epididymal aspiration and testicular biopsies for the ICSI procedures.
- Use Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) to help with infertility.
- Carry out the cryopreservation and thawing of sperm, oocytes and embryos at varying stages of development.
- Identify oocytes at egg collection.
- Culture sperm, eggs and embryos.
- Select embryos for transfer and cryopreservation of supernumery embryos.
- Carry out the clinical intracytoplasmic injection of sperm.
- Monitor and maintain cryobanks.
- Perform ancillary procedures required to control for and improve the quality of services provided by the laboratory which includes preparation and labeling of media and tissue culture materials, media and supply testing, equipment monitoring.
- Document all aspects of laboratory in the appropriate written and computerized transcription format which includes data involving clinical embryology, lab equipment monitoring, media and supply testing and embryo/sperm cry storage.
- Convey relevant details of treatment (quality of oocytes, sperm and embryos) directly to patients in a clear, concise, and understanding manner.
- In collaboration with the team Counselor, counsel patients regarding the implications of treatment options to ensure correct information is given and relevant questions answered properly in order to assist them in making an informed decision.
- Keeps detailed up to date record of all patient’s Laboratory treatment.
- Monitor and ensure proper ordering of all clinical supplies.
- Maintain an adequate stock control of supplies in the department.
- Carry out duties and responsibilities in compliance with Lily hospitals’ health and safety policy and statutory regulations.
- Ensure a clean, comfortable and safe environment for patients, clients and members of staff
- Perform audits of all equipment to ensure that they are functioning correctly and within critical parameters.
- Assist with the maintenance of laboratory equipment and cleaning of the embryology laboratory.
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology or any related Science Degree and a Fertility Training Certificate.
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years relevant work experience in the health sector.
- Valid registration with a relevant professional body and must be certified to practice.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office package.
- Outstanding communication (oral and written), interpersonal and people management skills.
- Possess high degree of accuracy and attention to details.
- Familiarity with the Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) procedure.
- Proficient in cryopreservation and thawing.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Ends: 31st July, 2022.