The Rivers State Judicial Service Commission has called for applications from qualified persons for appointment to roles in the state judiciary including State High Court Judge and Judge of the State Customary Court of Appeal.
In an announcement to the general public dated 8th June, 2022 and titled: “VACANCY ANNOUCEMENT”, the Commission stated that the call was made pursuant to Rule 3 of the 2014 Revised Guidelines for the Appointment of Judicial Officers of All Superior Courts of Record in Nigeria, and the an earlier announcement of vacancies in the offices of Judge of the High Court and Judge of the Customary Court of Appeal.
- i. The Candidate must be a Legal Practitioner in Nigeria and must have been so qualified for a period of not less than ten (10) years with considerable knowledge and experience in the practice of Law (including Customary Law in the case of Judge of the Customary Court of Appeal).
- ii. Candidate must be of good character and reputation with strong traits of diligence, hardwork, honesty, integrity, sound knowledge of law and consistent adherence to professional ethics;
- iii. Candidate must have:
- a) Active successful practice at the Bar, including satisfactory presentation of cases in court as a Legal Practitioner either in private practice or as a Legal Officer in any Public Service or.
- b) Satisfactory and consistent display of sound and mature judgement in the office as a Chief Registrar or Chief Magistrate.
- c) Credible record of teaching law, legal research in a reputable university and publication of legal works.
The announcement also asked suitably qualified and interested persons to forward their expression of interest/application with requisite qualifications and detailed curriculum vitae to the Chairman of the Judicial Service Commission, 1st Floor, Block B, High Court Complex, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.