Prime responsibility will be to assist and understudy the Marine Supervisor in all aspects of their work. This includes cargo loading and ballasting, including all aspects of stability and strength calculations, cargo sampling, offload hose maintenance and general shipboard duties.
Responsibilities Includes; Assist with the maintenance of the Safety Case and the implementation of the Safety Management System on the installation
Carry out loading, storage, transfer and discharge of crude oil in a safe and efficient manner
Assist in the production of detailed loading/discharge plans maintaining the vessel’s stability within acceptable limits at all times, Etc.
- Hold a valid Chief Mate unlimited, II/2, CoC with tanker endorsement. A valid OOW unlimited, II/1, CoC may be considered if you have up to 10 years experience in the maritime industry with at least 5 years in FPSOs/FSOs.
- A minimum of 36 months seagoing service on tankers and at least 5 years’ experience in the maritime industry.
- Hold a valid GMDSS certificate A working knowledge of Terminal working practices is required as well as a good knowledge on cargo loading and vessel stability, including the use of associated safety systems.
- Previous experience in FPSO/FSO Operations will be an advantage.
- Hands-on experience with submerged FRAMO pumping systems and inert gas systems would be a definite advantage.
- Experience in Tanker is a must.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Must be prepared to train and become qualified to undertake the duties of a Permit Signatory and System Auditor.
- Basic knowledge on tanker operation and terminology
- Basic Knowledge of the best industry standards and requirements for FPSO s operations and terminal marine assets e.g., OCIMF, SIGTTO, ICS, PIANC, etc.
- Ability to organise and plan work effectively, lead and manage others.
- Good Knowledge on the ways to reduce demurrage cost and oil loss claims
- Importance of product quality in the loading process and the Product Quality Early Warning System process.
- Understanding procedures relating to oil accounts in the work process.
- Understanding and applying process isolation standards and Permit to Work system. Experience as a Confined Space Safety Assessor and Authorised Gas Safety Tester will be an advantage
Job location: Lagos State.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified Candidates Should Click Here to Apply Online.