Lily Hospitals Limited is one of Nigeria’s growing networks of private healthcare institutions with an outstanding reputation for delivering excellent clinical services. Since our inception under current management in 1998, we have remained at the forefront of providing and delivering quality patient-centered, responsive and technology-driven care across various locations in Nigeria to both citizens and foreign nationals.
We offer a wide range of integrated health services which include: IVF, ophthalmology, radio-diagnostics, laboratory, pre-medical and hyperbaric services, neonatology, ICU care, minimal access procedures and other general medical and surgical services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
◾Job Title: Optometrist
◾Location: Warri, Delta
◾Job Category: Senior Level
This role is responsible for examining patient’s eyes to diagnose vision problems and eye diseases and test patients’ visual acuity, depth and color perception, and ability to focus and coordinate the eyes.
The optometrist prescribes eyeglasses and contact lenses and provide vision therapy and low-vision rehabilitation.
Key Result Areas (KRA)
The key result areas of this role are:
- Provide basic optometric examinations including: pupillary reflexes, tonometry, keratometry, evaluation of muscle balance, stereopsis, phorias, vergences, slit lamp examination visual acuity, lensometry and indirect ophthalmoscopy to diagnose eye diseases or infections such as glaucoma or colour blindness.
- Perform eye examinations for new and established pediatric or adult patients as well as follow-up exam for established medical patients in the ophthalmology practice.
- Perform triage and screening for acute or unscheduled patients.
- Analyze test results and develop treatment plans.
- Prescribe and supply contact lenses and other visual aid.
- Prescribe ophthalmic medication to treat eye diseases or infections within the scope of practice .
- Provide preoperative and postoperative care to patients undergoing eye surgeries, such as cataract patients, as well as to patients who have had laser vision correction or other eye surgery.
- Appropriately refer patients to ophthalmology subspecialties as indicated by the patients’ needs for care.
- Assist in medication refills for the optical department.
- Educate and counsel patients on contact lens care, visual hygiene, lighting arrangements and safety factors.
- Offer advice and reassurance about vision-related matters to patients.
- Offer help and advice to patients choosing frames and lenses.
- Provide advice on therapeutic procedures to correct or conserve vision.
- Minimum academic qualification of Doctor of Optometry (OD)
- 3 to 5 years relevant work experience preferably in the Health sector.
- Membership of a relevant professional body such as Nigerian Optometric Association (NOA) or Optometry and Dispensing Optician Board of Nigeria (O.D.O.B.N).
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office package.
- Outstanding communication (oral and written), interpersonal and people management skills.
- Possess high degree of accuracy and attention to details.
- High level of problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Salary in line with industry standard.
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Ends: 31st July, 2022.