CBM is an international Christian development organization, committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. It is considered one of the world’s oldest and largest organizations working in this field.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates to apply for the position below;
fe;Job Title: Project Administrative Officer
◾Division: Programme Delivery Africa West & Center (AFWC) – Country Office Nigeria
◾Reports To: Senior Admin & HR Officer
◾Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Manage efficient and effective operations of the AOLFEIN state project offices in line with relevant CBM standards.
- Ensure that the quality -of service delivery meets expected timelines and project needs.
- Provide assistant to the state project Drivers/Logistics Assistants to ensure efficient fleet management and other related needs.
Logistics & Procurement Tasks:
- S/he collects proforma invoices on approved purchase requisitions for procurement of goods and services for the project states, prepares offer analysis and makes recommendations. Once the purchase order has been completed, will follow up to assure timely delivery.
- S/he maintains procurement data including supplier list and standards of goods and services, and ensures the effectiveness of procurement in timely and cost effective manner for the project states.
- Prepare bid evaluation reports, abstracts or financial comparison matrix of offers, compile data contained in quotations, proposals and bids to determine which supplier can deliver the required goods/services at the best terms and lowest costs possible with due consideration to cost, quality, delivery time, payments terms and others.
- Inquires immediately for more specifications from requesting units if the purchase request is not clearly specified and completed.
- S/he will supervise all the staff under his/her responsibility according to CBM HR policy including setting up their objectives, performance evaluations, leave management and technically supporting them in their job.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers (outsource) engaged in setting up, installing, repairing, and maintenance works to ensure the completion of repair, maintenance & Installation in accordance with service agreement or contract.
- He/she will be responsible for ensuring proper recording of fuel useage of all fleet/generators at the states and keep all records (log sheet, stock report).
- He/she will review monthly fuel reports for vehicles and generators where available.
- S/he will be responsible for handling of all cargo & medical supplies received locally from the suppliers or from/to the field, review all the waybills, packing list and delivery notes.
- Prepares weekly procurement status report and submits to the HR & Admin senior officer.
- Regularly updates the supervisor of all partial collection of the procured goods.
- Informs the supervisor about prices and qualities of goods if purchases are not of routine nature.
- Does quarterly or 6 month reviews of preapproved vendors for routine items such as office supplies, cleaning products, etc.
- Arrange hotel accommodation for staff, participants, consultants and all partners who are coming to the project state for assignments.
- Handles all meetings/conferences/activity logistics for the project states with approved hotels and vendors, meetings making sure that materials, equipment, etc required for the activity are organized and ready for the activity.
- Carry out hotel assessments and vendor assessments to get more qualified vendors at the project states.
- Manage filing and archiving of administrative and technical documents and update registers regularly;
- Maintain relevant internal databases and files; keeps track of contractual agreements and purchase orders;
- Maintain an updated asset/inventory management process including tagging and periodic assessments of all assets at the project states.
- Support in providing regular contract status reports using the Contracts Database.
- Assist in organizing tendering processes as required, ensuring processes are transparent, provide value for money and are properly documented, could also be required to sit in during procurement committee meetings
- Work with Senior Officer administration & HR in ensuring contract terms are observed by contractors, constantly making follow-ups and providing necessary amendments for contracts.
- Support in ensuring timely, and accurate payment processing and documentation of consultancy and works
- Ensure employment contracts are in place and inform the Senior Admin & HR officer in a timely manner of contract end-dates of project staff.
- Support the coordination of the induction & briefing for new staff in the field Project Offices.
- Coordinate the effective implementation of the annual performance management process by line managers of the AOLFEIN project in line with agreed timelines.
- Ensure all project staff have up-to-date and signed job descriptions in place.
- Maintain a proper and systematic archive system
- Perform other tasks as required
- Travel activities, required? yes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or its equivalent graduate degree, membership of any relevant professional body will be an asset.
- At least three (3) years of progressively responsible procurement, administrative & logistics work experience preferably in the INGO sector.
- Relevant HR administration experience will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience in logistics & procurement in the INGO sector focused on ensuring compliance with established donor rules and regulations.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, to exercise good judgment and to effectively communicate with logical and flexible approach to solving problems, especially when working under pressure.
- Monitoring/assessing performance to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with a culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and ability to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Functional expert – has knowledge of processes and products.
- Influencer – relates to people, builds relationships, and effectively presents arguments.
- Results seeker – meets deadlines, identifies actions, and achieves goals.
- Innovator – thinks creatively, anticipates changes, and produces solutions.
- Adaptor – stays calm under pressure and handles criticism well.
- Complier – follows procedures and encourages others to as well.
- Reflects CBM values in daily work.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates Should Click Here to Apply Online
- Only successful applicants will be contacted
- Applications to the vacancy are reviewed on a rolling basis and could include additional assessment steps
- CBM strongly encourages women and persons with disabilities to apply for this position
- The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy
- We would like to further promote diversity in our teams and therefore welcome applications from people of different ethnic and social backgrounds, religions and world views, different ages and genders, and especially from people with disabilities.