Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.
The Company is currently recruiting for the Position of Accounts and Finance Analyst, location: Lagos Nigeria, Job type: Full Time. Job ID: Ref. R19924
- Collaborate with and provide support to the Finance Business Partner team to ensure profitability targets are achieved and maintained
- Support initiatives by providing data and analysis that helps the business in achieving its strategic objectives
- Participate in the month-end close process, preparing journal entries, performing account analysis and preparing balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Ensure accounting practices and documentation procedures are performed in accordance with IFRS.
- Assist with providing documentation for both internal and external auditor requests.
- Work with other accounting organization functions, including payroll and AP to ensure appropriate accounting treatment.
- Participate in special projects and process improvement initiatives.
- Own and manage detailed financial models including the capacity models that drive headcount forecasts, understand and manage the revenue and cost structure on the P&L, and lead ad hoc financial modeling and analysis
- Ensure that forecasts incorporate trends and current/future business strategies
- Build and maintain consolidated financial models to plan the business and allow for appropriate sensitivities
- Partner with leadership to establish key performance metrics, lead efforts to monitor performance vs. goals, and provide insights for improvement
- Own monthly and quarterly Budget vs. Actual reporting and ensuring a high degree of quality, timeliness, and accuracy in reporting as well as providing key business insights and perspectives
- Monitor P&L lines during monthly financial close, discuss variances to forecast, and conduct research as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of accounting practice and/or industry experience
- Experience with International financial reporting standards
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- High-energy, self-motivated, team player with a desire to excel in demanding and fast paced detailed oriented environment
- Ability to adapt quickly, work independently, take ownership, and work in a flexible team environment
- ACA/ACCA or Equivalent
- Ability to influence various stakeholders without formal authority
- Professional demeanor.
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and be responsible to follow up on action items.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff as well as outside clients and vendors.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified Candidates Should Click Here to Apply Online.
Leave a Reply