Seplat Petroleum Development Company is a Nigerian independent oil and gas company listed on both the London and Nigerian Stock Exchanges with a strategic focus in the Niger Delta of Nigeria.
Application are invited to apply for the position below:
◾Job title: Senior Analyst, Strategy
◾Location: Lagos State
Overall Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of the role is to provide analytical support to the Strategy team in the implementation and monitoring of approved strategies to enable the Company to deliver its growth and energy transition plan. Dimensions of the role include contributing towards
(i) the integration of the Business Plan with the Corporate Strategy and assessment of corporate score cards
(ii) strengthening Seplat’s sustainability and ESG reporting/disclosures
(iii) Industry-based research and development of strategic executive papers.
The role will require close collaboration with multidisciplinary internal teams whilst keeping abreast of the evolving energy landscape at global and domestic levels.
- (Describe the important results of the job, i.e., what has to be achieved and why.
- Start with the most important and number each one separately)
Integration of Strategy with the Business Plan
- Provide analytical support to the Head, Strategy in articulating the short-long term portfolio needs in terms of projects and resources across the strategic business pillars i.e., ‘Upstream’, ‘Midstream Gas’ and ‘Renewables & New Energy’ in support of the overall Company strategy
- Maintain a bridge between the Strategy, Corporate Planning (and Economics) teams in the day-to-day development and implementation of short-long term business plans. This will include identifying and communicating strategy gaps in the business plan and identifying measures to close such gaps with the various contributors to the business plan.
- Support the development of a framework to map optimal portfolio requirements for the business.
- Interact with Corporate Planning and other internal teams to support the implementation of the Company business pillars and strategy.
Corporate Performance & Strategy Implementation Monitoring
- Develop appropriate internal processes, controls, and measurements to monitor implementation, performance, and business response to the strategy
- Develop and maintain internal processes to aid the monthly quantitative and qualitative assessment of the corporate score card along the strategic pillars of the business.
- Provide back-end data coverage for Corporate Scorecard elements. Work closely with Corporate Planning and Business Finance teams to validate asset-level performance requirements for metrics that roll up to the corporate scorecard and also provide periodic performance data to support full-year performance outlooks and recovery scenarios for the business.
- Provide continuous challenge and improvement for corporate scorecards to drive company performance, incorporating industry best practices and new ideas
- Understand ESG reporting guidance and evolving energy sector trends in Environment, Social, and Governance dimensions.
- Work with the Head, of Strategy to harmonize inputs (gaps, actions, outcomes) from multidisciplinary teams on ESG and sustainability-related matters to strengthen the Company’s ESG credibility.
- Provide analytical support to the Strategy and Sustainability teams to develop Seplat’s sustainability case for investors and rating agencies. This will entail working with the Corporate Planning team to stress test the Business Plan against
- Support the Strategy team in drafting responses with Investor Relations and Sustainability team for Seplat’s assessments with rating agencies.
- Develop content for the Strategy sections of market communications and operations sections of the Annual Report
- Support the Investor Relations team in coordinating presentations for Capital Market Days and other market-facing related engagements and roadshows
- Provide the Corporate Finance team with internal technical and operational data of the business for new debt raising and existing debt redetermination or refinancing.
Adhoc Complimentary Support
- Provide specific analytical/data support as may be assigned from time to time in line with the Company strategy for specific undertakings such as New Business Execution
- Support the strategy team in reviewing new fiscal policies and structures as well as providing analytical support in the framing and assessment of business impacts of changes in industry fiscal and regulatory regimes etc.
- not undertake any task for which authorization and/or training has not been given.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates Should Click Here to Apply Online
Leave a Reply