Civil Inspector ensures the quality and integrity of all Civil/Structural activities. He is responsible for performing inspections, tests, and reports at various stages of Civil & Structural works to verify compliance with project specifications, industry standards, and regulatory requirements.
Inspection and Testing:
- Conduct thorough inspections of pipeline materials, components, and construction activities to ensure adherence to project specifications and standards.
- Perform visual inspections, measurements, and non-destructive testing reviews & techniques on civil works, and other facility works.
- Verify the accuracy of installations, alignments, and other construction processes.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Create detailed inspection reports that document findings, deviations from standards, and any required corrective actions.
- Maintain accurate records of inspection results, test data, and quality control activities.
- Collaborate with project teams to communicate inspection outcomes and recommendations.
Compliance and Standards:
- Ensure compliance with relevant industry codes, standards (e.g., ASME, API), project specifications, and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor and enforce safety protocols and environmental regulations during inspections.
- Participate in internal and external quality audits to assess project compliance with established quality control procedures.
- Support corrective and preventive action implementation based on audit findings.
Collaboration and Communication:
- Work closely with project managers, engineers, contractors, and other stakeholders to address quality-related concerns and provide technical expertise.
- Communicate effectively with team members to address any construction-related quality issues promptly.
Training and Development:
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and evolving quality control methodologies.
- Participate in training sessions to enhance skills in inspection techniques and relevant technologies.
- Identify areas for process improvement and suggest potential solutions to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of construction operations.
- Contribute to lessons learned sessions to improve future projects based on past experiences.
Quality, Health, Safety & Environment:
- Drive compliance with Occupational Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies, processes, procedures and applicable laws/legal requirements across Oilserv business.
- Take responsibility for their health & safety and those of stake holders across Oilserv business
- Bachelor’s degree/HND in Civil Engineering
- COREN, NSE
- A minimum of Five (5) years working experience in Oil and Gas industry as a Civil Inspector