ENGIE Energy Access is the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa. The company develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below;
- Job title: HSE Manager
- Department: HR/HSE
- Requisition ID: 145 224000521" crossorigin="anonymous"> 98
- Reporting Line: Head of HR with a matrix reporting line to the Global HSE Manager
- Job Grade: HL 15
- Location: Nigeria
The position holder will be part of the HR/HSE team that is based in Lagos, Nigeria, and will report to the Head of HR with a matrix reporting line to the Global HSE Manager. The successful individual will contribute to the monitoring of health, safety, and environment as well as help assess risks, and implement strategies to reduce potential hazards in Engie Energy Access operations, field locations and including all other Company assets. A successful candidate must be a detail-oriented professional with strong critical thinking skills and a demonstrated track record of effective HSE outcomes.
Support the execution of HSE Strategy
- Execute a Health, Safety and Environmental strategy that will meet or exceed legislative requirements in Nigeria as well as applicable standards such as ENGIE group H&S Rules, guidelines and ISO 45001 and industry best practice.
- Identify HSE regulatory ensure compliance and implement all & Internal / External HSE Audits and monitor compliance.
- Review, audit and ensure strict adherence from the EPC during the construction phase to follow Engie HSE Group Rules.
Execution of HSSE Policies
- Support the creation of distinct and actionable behavioral change strategies that are appropriate for EEA employees, contractors and third parties, with a view to reducing HSE incidents and other issues that may affect public and employee health, safety and the environment within which Engie Operates.
- Remain alert to emerging issues and global trends that might benefit or otherwise impact individual, and teams work in order to ensure a safe working environment for all team members and third parties connected with our business.
Reporting and Incident Follow Up
- Gather high-quality data from all departments to create robust health and safety metrics for reporting.
- When incidents occur, participate in incident investigations and response plans in order to reduce the likelihood of future occurrences.
- Create platforms for employees to report safety incidents confidentially and without fear of reprisal.
Emergency and Crisis Response and Communication
- Ensure implementation of sufficient emergency contingency measures, conduct practical exercises to test sufficiency and respond immediately to HSE incidents / accidents ensuring risk mitigation strategies are implemented in a timely manner.
- Go to the field to investigate HSE accidents and other public safety concerns within the location/area.
- Craft detailed summaries of events as required for ENGIE HSE compliance
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of HSE experience in energy, construction, manufacturing, oil & gas or mining sectors.
- Degree/HND in occupational health, safety, & Environmental Management or any related discipline.
- Certification in the sphere of HSE e.g NEBOSH, IOSH, ISO Certification, First aid, HSE 1,2,3 etc.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant local and international standards, laws and regulations governing HSE practices and required to maintain the business licenses to operate.
- Ability to influence, inspire and motivate people who are not directly under your responsibility.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools, and proficiency in any software tool relevant to job functions
- Risk management and hazard communication skills
- Good Data Analytical and reporting skills.
- HSE Management System implementation and improvement
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skill.
- Good people skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to recommend and implement mitigation measures.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to function in a matrix reporting organizational structure and manage relationships appropriately.