- Reporting to: IT Manager
- Location: BUA Cement Plc (Sokoto)
- Internally Relates With: All Staff
- External Relationship: Vendors/Suppliers
- Design network architecture and Networking infrastructure.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email or portal.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Set-up and install computer hardware and software including disk, tape, printers, modems, and related peripherals.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on computer hardware including backup, recovery, and equipment cleaning.
- Train users in computer hardware/software and other electronic office equipment.
- First level selection and design of the hardware and network and software necessary to operate and improve Bua Cement information management system.
- Manage the company’s administrative network i.e., network accounts, email accounts website access account, remote access account.
- Monitor operational performance and troubleshoot system problems, Isolate the cause of system failures.
- Research, evaluate and recommend new hardware and software to meet the company’s requirements computers, and other electronic office equipment.
- Design, install, support, and integrate centralized and distributed network hardware, operating systems, and applications.
- Responsible for maintaining an inventory of internal licenses, overseeing updates, and tracking compliance.
- Responsible for logging all IT problems and resolutions and liaising with the external support company.
- Providing input into the IT strategy and annual IT budget.
- Aside from the primary helpdesk functions, you will interface with the Technical and Application units regarding testing and understanding of new applications before deployment to users.
- Monitor and ensure client systems are updated with current Anti-Virus definition while also following up with systems without current definition. Weekly and monthly reports will be generated.
- Monitor server events before they become incidents. Monitor unauthorized/unlicensed installation of application using either Spiceworks, service desk, GLPI, managed engine or any other helpdesk application.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Identify and suggest possible improvements to procedures.
- Generate weekly and monthly reports for ITD.
- Minimum HND/BSc. Degree in Computer Science or in a related discipline.
- 2 – 3 years of relevant experience.
- Technical & Professional proficiency
- Analytical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Self-management skills
- Interpersonal Relationship
- Proficiency in MS Office & Products
- ITIL Qualification an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates Should forward their updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as subject of mail.