Oilserv Limited is a leading provider of integrated engineering, procurement, construction, installation & commissioning (EPCIC) services and complementary solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the onshore, offshore and subsea market segments of the oil and gas sector.
As a logistics Officer, you are to ensure that all logistics activities are carried out safely and timely to achieve logistics goal applying most cost effective safe and effective method. To ensure that every journey is planned for the safety of personnel & equipment
- Ensure the journey management plan is made for every trip; follow up the journey till it is completed and report accordingly.
- In liaison with the logistics coordinator, ensure that the right mode of transportation for a particular movement is used in terms of vehicle/equipment needed.
- Follow up and ensure that vehicles’ daily check are done (filled) for analysis to ascertain and track the vehicles utilization
- Join in the monitoring of the vehicles movement via IVMS system, update the vehicles’ database with all relevant information and give weekly report of such information through logistics supervisor to the Logistics Coordinator
- Follow up any broken down vehicle as reported till it is towed back to maintenance workshop or maintenance team sent to recover it.
- Oversee the movement of personnel, equipment, and materials from one point to another in line with company’s transport policy.
- Ensuring technical reference for all logistics/technical issues on the project and providing coaching to logistics staff
- Identify and deliver operational cost reduction and cost avoidance initiatives.
- Ensure that the drivers are properly briefed of the journey management plan before embarkation, and maintain communication with the drivers until every trip is completed.
- Within 24hrs initiate incident/accident emergency response. In any accident/ incident, the logistics officer having gotten the information must immediately alert the logistics supervisor who will in turn cascade it via the logistics coordinator to OPM. Logistics Officer shall remain on duty till the situation is arrested.
- Report immediately of any broken-down vehicle outside any of our bases of project camp/site to logistics supervisor and follow up to ensure the vehicle is towed to maintenance workshop or send Maintenance team for recovery.
- Shall conduct and record the drivers/operator’s daily toolbox talk in liaison with logistics officer
- Shall generate and sort approval routes (both main and alternatives) for company operational/official movements.
- Ensure that the drivers are properly trained, tested, and certified.
- Ensure that all vehicles and equipment are adequately fuelled, coordinate fuel issuance and give monthly fuel consumption of all vehicles and equipment.
- Follow up with logistics operators and drivers (if necessary) to ensure that all incidents and accidents involving vehicles and equipment are reported within 24 hours in line with Oilserv policy.
- Supervise the implementation of Oilserv vehicle embarkation in liaison with Logistics Coordinator
- Ensure that only company certified drivers/operators drive/operate vehicle/equipment.
- Ensure timely delivery of all project related materials & logistics activities and attend project coordination meetings on the behalf of Logistics Manager
- Undertake periodic measurement of divisional KPIs and initiate actions to re-align the KPIs to the divisional objectives.
Quality, Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensure zero LTI and Fatality while carrying out maintenance activities.
- Follow up with logistics supervisor to ensure that all incidents and accidents involving vehicles and equipment are reported within 24 hours in line with Oilserv policy
- Drive compliance with Occupational Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies, processes, procedures and applicable laws/legal requirements across Oilserv business.
- Take responsibility for their health & safety and those of stake holders across Oilserv business
- HND / B.Sc. Social Science
- Professional membership is an added advantage
- 2 – 5 224000521" crossorigin="anonymous"> years’ experience in Logistics and Transport Management
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates Should Click Here to Apply online.