TotalEnergies is a global multi-energy company producing and supplying energy: oil and biofuels, natural gas and green gas, renewables and electricity. Over 100,000 employees are committed to energy that is ever more affordable, clean, reliable and accessible to as many people as possible. As a company with over 500 professions in more than 130 countries, TotalEnergies places sustainable development in all its dimensions at the heart of its projects and operations to contribute to the well-being of populations by offering high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development.
▪ Offer ID: 59311BR
▪ Employment type: Regular position
Within the framework of Operations, the main objectives are, in the field of Instrumentation maintenance, to:
- Assist Lead instrumentation engineer and Head of section (Head of Instrumentation, Metering & Systems Support) for the updating of the Maintenance Plans including dedicated procedures, spare parts coverage, tools selection and other technical aspects, in accordance with the Maintenance Policy.
- Provide assistance for mobilization and coordination of external resources (vendors, contractors, means and equipment) to support the offshore staff in view of ensuring equipment integrity.
- Provide technical assistance at site, or in contractor workshops for maintenance interventions preparation (including major shutdown or overhaul works), maintenance works follow-up, works supervision, material receipt, or specific investigations, studies, equipment condition monitoring, etc.. Perform studies or technical-administrative tasks as required for routine operations or in view of maintenance or equipment optimization.
Context and environment
- Supports the operational teams as requested in areas of own speciality, including drafting working procedures, maintenance programmes, and providing associated logistic support. As instructed, develops maintenance methods tools in own area of competence, analyses the works and practices, and suggests ways of optimization.
- Performs technical studies in his field of competence as instructed in view of improving performance or upgrading the facilities.
- Follows-up the technical problems raised, follows-up the technical and contractual files, as instructed, follows up the warranty claims and the implementation of the corrective actions.
- Follows-up the day to day activities of the offshore teams; remains available to provide them the assistance and support as needed.
- Pays regular visits to the offshore site and participates in the jobs as required; may be involved in operational works including major shutdowns. May be incorporated into maintenance working shifts as the case may be, as required during major operations.
- Provides assistance and logistic support as required for the provision of resources: vendors, additional manpower, services, tools, spare parts, consumables and other materials. Coordinates the transfer offshore of these resources.
- Coordinates as required the repairs to be subcontracted outside.
- Attends materials repairs or inspection in the Onne base or in Contractors facilities.
- Coordinates, according to the instructions received from hierarchy, her / his activities with the MTMC (Maintenance and Technical Methods Contractor) method and planning engineers based in Lagos.
- Follows-up into the CMMS (SAP/Unisup), the registration of the works, of the consumed materials, of the services, and so on.
- Follows-up the spare parts and consumables consumption, report anomalies and initiate suitable action in order to prevent shortage.
- Reviews the requests for materials, defines the technical specifications for purchase.
- Supervises receipt of materials on a technical point of view. Visit the Onne warehouse regularly.
- Controls the condition of materials in warehouses, take action for improvement as needed.
- Maintains and updates the technical documentation.
- Performs periodic and ad-hoc reports as required. Co-ordinate these actions with concerned staff, from both offshore and onshore sites
We are looking for young professionals who are motivated and passionate, with excellent academic achievement. Interested applicants should have
- BSc in Engineering field with knowledge in Control Valves, Transmitters (Pressure, Level, Temperature, Flow, & Vibrations), Various instrument technologies (Radar, ultrasonic, etc…).
- 0-3 years’ experience in Oil Field Operations or industrial plant as maintenance/electrical/ instrumentation engineer.
- Good knowledge of industrial plant equipment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team management skills.
- Team player, stable, thoughtful, responsible, good communication skill, good organization and time-management skills, intransigent in HSE with a clear potential to learn, Technical reporting, good analytical skills, and computer software skills.