TotalEnergies is a global multi-energy company producing and supplying energy: oil and biofuels, natural gas and green gas, renewables and electricity. Over 100,000 employees are committed to energy that is ever more affordable, clean, reliable and accessible to as many people as possible
▪ Offer ID: 59314BR
▪ Employment type: Regular position
- Carry out economic studies for development projects, exploration wells and new business deals, project sanction dossiers.
- Carry out economic studies for non-routine/transverse business activities.
- Present and explain the results of economic studies to the Group’s decision authorities (i.e. TUCN management, CDEP, BR, COVAL, CORISK/COMEX).
- Prepare presentations and reports introducing conclusions and recommendations.
- Asset types : PSC / PSA.
- Critical Contacts : Heads of Departments / Asset managers / Asset Finance / Corporate Budget.
- Actively participate in delivering annual planning exercises: the E&P Long Term Plan, Budget, PRIME reserves calculation, Exploration & Appraisal budget, ASC932 Cash Flow reporting to the US stock exchange, etc.
- Liaise with the Headquarter Economist and FE/ECO on all studies done for validation committees.
- Develop improved interfaces with technical and financial entities to improve quality and deliverability of economic analysis.
- Represent TUCN with members of negotiating teams from other operating / government of Nigeria.
- Take a lead in the development, audit and validation Microsoft Excel tools /models used for economic evaluations.
- Develop and validate Microsoft Excel tools/models used at the head office or in the subsidiary for economic studies.
- Elaborate (along with HQ FE/ECO/MET) economic methods and define their application mode.
- Keep abreast of new approaches and proposed alternative approaches to Economic studies.
- Proactively develop internal know-how, methods and methodology.
Context and environment
The Nigerian fiscal, contractual and business regime is complex. TUCN is a large affiliate with numerous assets, projects and economics models to understand and manage.
- Tight deadlines.
- Occasional heavy workload and tight deadlines.
- This challenging business environment necessitates a highly competent Economics team to help deliver profitable growth in line with DGEP targets. The job holder is expected to question and challenge data and information, demonstrating perseverance and tenacity, in order to arrive at the most sound position/conclusion. A high degree of independent working is required.
- The Economist must have good technical knowledge in order to query client contacts, with the objective to secure relevant and appropriate information.
We are looking for young professionals who are motivated and passionate , with excellent academic achievement. Interested applicants should have
- BSc or MSc (or equivalent) in a technical, finance or economics discipline.
- 0-3 years experience in Oil and Gas industry.
- Highly experienced in the use of Microsoft excel and economics modelling, high level of computer literacy – Microsoft Excel / Visual Basic.
- Fluent in English.
- Team player, stable, thoughtful, responsible, good communication skills, with a clear potential to learn and with synthesis capabilities to exchange with senior management.
- Experience in technical upstream “metier”: preferable but not mandatory.