Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc (FMN) Incorporated on the 2 9th of September 1960, as a limited liability company and pioneer wheat miller in Nigeria, started out on a journey that has seen the company evolve into what is now one of the biggest brands in the foods and agro-allied industry in Africa. Over the years, the FMN brand grew tremendously from operating as a single business, flour miller, to a vast business group with strategic investments that cover key sectors of the Nigerian economy.
- Oversee the planned and emergency maintenance of all mechanical equipment in the plant to verify the systems are functioning properly.
- Generate checklist suitable for the plant.
- Train subordinates to improve performance.
- Delegate machine inspection assignments to Fitters, review their reports, and request permission.
- Make sure housekeeping tasks are completed to create a clean and hygienic atmosphere.
- Monitor subordinates’ adherence to safety procedures to prevent harm.
- Ensure safety compliance by subordinates to prevent injury.
- Provide materials needed for installation from stores.
THE PERSON MUST
- Have hands –on experience with mechanical maintenance.
- Pay close attention to details.
- Be able to multitask and have time-management skills.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Minimum of OND on Mechanical Engineering.
- 2 – 3 years cognate experience in a similar role.