TotalEnergies is a global multi-energy company producing and supplying energy: oil and biofuels, natural gas and green gas, renewables and electricity.
▪ Offer ID: 59316BR
▪ Employment type: Regular position
- The Piping Engineer position is an integral part of the in-house engineering team providing supports to all TUCN existing assets to safeguard the assets technical integrity and sustain production.
- This position supports the engineering aspects of major interventions and modification works in terms of piping, valves and vessels discipline.
- Provision of discipline knowledge and experience to the ECP engineering team
- Carry out preliminary, basic, and detailed piping engineering studies and produce associated deliverables, e.g., MTOs, valve datasheets, isometrics, piping plans, etc.
- Review piping discipline engineering deliverables to ensure technical quality.
- Review designs produced by COMPANY or contractors to ensure compliance with COMPANY piping general specifications and applicable project piping specifications.
- Develop and contribute to equipment specifications for procurement purposes.
- Review of subcontractor piping deliverables to ensure technical quality.
- Read and interpret facility engineering drawings and make necessary modifications or recommendations.
- Advise ECP, Field operations and other departments on piping related issues, including suggesting technical solutions to problems, identifying best practices, etc.
- Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers of piping and other equipment and materials to ensure technical specifications are understood and met.
- Prepare and cross-check relevant procedures, international standards, and COMPANY technical specifications for application into design activities.
- Ensure safe engineering practices with respect to piping and valves as the technical authority on piping & valves design.
Context and environment
- Context: Production facilities modification engineering studies.
- Work location: Based in Lagos or PHC with regular site visits offshore & Onshore Major client is Field Operations.
- Constraints: Inaccuracies and delays in design could lead to costly delays in procurement, construction and ultimately production, which would have serious negative impact on the performance of our Assets.
- Favourable Factors: TUCN Deep Water & Joint Venture assets represent technically challenging projects. Numerous contacts with process and other discipline experts elsewhere in the Deep Water & JV District and in France. Relative autonomy to utilize own work methods and practices
We are looking for young professionals who are motivated and passionate , with excellent academic achievement. Interested applicants should have
- University Degree in piping or mechanical engineering
- 0-3 years’ experience in Oil & Gas production facilities.
- Team player, stable, thoughtful, responsible, with a clear potential to learn.
- Good command of English Language and excellent Communication Skills.
- Familiarity with international standards and regulations.
- Teamwork, commitment to technical accuracy, ability to organize and execute works unassisted.
- Use of MS-Office and AutoCAD with an experience in project specifications could be added advantage