Seplat Petroleum Development Company is a Nigerian independent oil and gas company listed on both the London and Nigerian Stock Exchanges with a strategic focus in the Niger Delta of Nigeria.
Application are invited to apply for the position below:
fe;Job title: Senior Category Specialist, Indirect (HR & Land Transport)
Overall Purpose of the Job:
- Responsible to develop and implement category strategies for the HR & Land Transport category, covering Recruitment & Advisory Services, Manpower Services, Payroll Services, HR Surveys (SPV & remuneration) Background screening, HRIS (HR Integrated Systems), HMO, COVID testing & management, Wellness & Fitness program, EAP, Vehicle Purchase, Vehicle Lease, Vehicle Maintenance, Documentation & Licenses, Drivers, Tyres & Batteries, etc.
- Securing supply and delivering value through a portfolio of commercial deals structured and managed to achieve the lowest Total Cost of Ownership. Responsible to analyze business needs and matching them against supply market opportunities to develop and implement category and contracting strategies, as well as contract management plans that maximize commercial leverage in third-party deals that deliver competitive value.
- Function as an internal expert in the HR & Land Transport Category with the responsibility to inform and advise the SCM community & Business leaders of market price and cost trends, key contractor and supplier capabilities, and performance in the HR & Land Transport Category.
- Note: Not filling this role or failing to perform it at the desired level, may compromise the execution of the short and long-term Indirect and Support Functions goals to enable, maintain or boost oil, gas, and new energy production safely, and efficiently, and at a competitive cost.
- Develop and monitor the implementation of category and contract plans (including multiyear plans) for all spend activities in the HR & Land Transport Category. This includes
- Develop and deliver category and contract strategies for HR & Land Transport, materials, and equipment that consider in-house capabilities, market dynamics, and local stakeholder requirements, while maximizing the use of contracts that comply with the relevant standards and enhance contractor HSEQ, commercial, and operational performance.
- Lead the Strategic Sourcing of the above sub-categories in HR & Land Transport, including leading the preparation of tender documents, SAAFs, TAAFs, CAAFs, RAAFs & VAAFs, and Contracts for the procurement of goods and services in the HR & Land Transport Category (scope listed above)
- Develop & review e-Tenders (RFQs/RFPs/ITTs) and lead the Contract and Procurement processes commencing with the receipt of an approved PR to the delivery of the goods /services by the vendor. This covers vendor selection, strategy, obtaining approvals from TB and NPDC where necessary, review of POs, etc
- Develop and implement robust contract management plans to ensure contractor performance in line with the expectations of issued contracts & purchase orders.
- Build and drive effective relationships with key vendors to deliver key business goals, especially safety, quality, schedule, cost, etc., and introduce innovative/value add support to the business where possible
- Establish effective value-based category performance objectives and monitor accordingly.
- Lead medium-risk contract and commercial exposures negotiations, and participate in high-risk contract negotiations to provide cross-category input.
- Contribute to strategic supplier management to align external supply market competencies with internal demand.
- Support competence development of self by understanding and applying the SCM Competence Framework, Job Experience Ladder, and related processes.
- Oversee a program for coaching Contract Holders and relevant internal end users on category management as a business process.
Job Context and Challenges:
- Location is Lagos, with visits to other company locations as may be required
- Working with internal stakeholders to consolidate demand and standardize specifications
- Reducing the lead time to award of contracts in a heavily regulated contracting environment
- Meeting JV obligations under the JOA in the detail of each contract
- Contributing to corporate HSE performance as 70% of all safety incidents involve contractors and subcontractors
- Demands competence of complex tools and models (e.g. Category Spend Profiling tool; Total Cost of Ownership model; ‘Should Cost’ model; SWOT; PESTLE; Porter’s Five Forces model;
- Supplier Qualification and Evaluation Criteria tool; SCM Risk Assessment tool; Sourcing Levers and Tactics tool; Opportunity Prioritisation tool; Strategy Selection tool; RFQ and RFP Guide tool; SCM KPI Guidance too; Supplier Relationship Scoring tool; etc.
- Applying multiple contract types; and exceptional analytical, communication, and execution skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong analytical skills (including advanced data management), critical thinking, and statistical judgment combined to aid risk-based decision-making
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good stakeholder management skills, especially for engaging diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Minimum of 8 years cognate experience in SCM, preferably in the oil and gas (E&P) industry
- Degree qualified, preferably in a numerate discipline, or demonstrated professional skill in SCM
- An MBA and/or an SCM professional diploma (CIPS, ISM, and IACCM) will be an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates Should Click Here to Apply Online