The University of Port Harcourt was established in 1975 224000521" crossorigin="anonymous"> as a College of the University of Lagos and gained full autonomous status in 1977. The University is a Centre of Academic Excellence with a mandate to provide qualitative and research oriented education in the Niger Delta region and Nigeria at large.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions below:
1.) Director, Procurement
Qualifications / Experience
- The right candidate who must not be more than 50 years of age.
- Must possess Bachelor’s Degree with Honours or equivalent qualification in any of the following disciplines from a recognized institution: Economics, Business Administration, Accountancy, Law, Insurance, Banking and Finance, Marketing, Quantity Survey, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Purchasing and Supplies or any related disciplines.
- The candidate who must be computer literate, must possess at least eighteen (18) years cognate experience, four (4) of which must have been as Head of Procurement, plus NYSC Discharge / Exemption / Exclusion Certificate.
- He or she must be able to display a good understanding of the Public Procurement Act, 2007 and its extant guidelines in Nigeria
- Prior to assumption of duty by the Director, he/she must attend the following trainings organized by BPP:
- Three (3) weeks Conversion / Induction Procurement Course; and
- One (1) week Executive Procurement Course at any of the Public Research Centres located at the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State, and University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos State. University of Port Harcourt Recruitment
2.) Director, Physical Planning and Development
Qualifications / Experience
- The right candidate for the job must possess a good honours Degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture or Quantity Surveying from a recognized institution and registered with relevant professional bodies with a minimum of 15 years post-qualification experience.
- The candidate must have served in the position of Deputy Director of Physical Planning or similar position.
- The candidate must be proficient in ICT, especially in computer aided designs. In addition, the preferred candidates must possess excellent communication skills and be in good health to be able to endure the rigours of duty in a 21st century office environment.
3.) Director of Works and Services
Qualification / Experience
- A good honors Degree in Engineering from a recognized University and must be registered with the Council of Engineers of Nigeria (COREN);
- At least fifteen (15) years post qualification cognate experience, most of which preferably, should be in engineering services relevant to a University Works Department.
- A good and practical knowledge of computer application;
- A verifiable track record of competence, responsiveness, demonstrable integrity and transparency, ability to work in a team and be able to function with minimum supervision
25th October, 2022
Conditions of Service
- The conditions attached to the position are as applicable in Nigerian University System.
- The appointment shall be for a term of five (5) years.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send ten (10) copies of their Applications accompanied with detailed CV including names and addresses of there (3) referees with a set of photocopies of certificates and relevant credentials to:
University of Port Harcourt,
PMB 5323, Port Harcourt,
- Envelopes containing the applications must be marked with the position Applying for E.g “Application for the post of Director, Procurement”.
- Candidates should also request the Referees to forward references on their behalf, under confidential cover directly to the Registrar.
- Candidates invited for interview should bring along original copies of their credentials.