Seplat Petroleum Development Company is a Nigerian independent oil and gas company listed on both the London and Nigerian Stock Exchanges with a strategic focus in the Niger Delta of Nigeria.
Application are invited to apply for the position below:
◾Job title:Production Chemist
◾Location: IMO State.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
- The role will involve sampling, analysing, and data reporting of process fluids from the EA fields.
- Provide laboratory support for the team, maintain links with the Client Support Labs, manage laboratory equipment including routine calibration and perform verifiable quality assurance tests on company process fluid and chemicals to enhance production efficiency and meet contractual gas sales agreement.
- Manage Seplat laboratory to meet daily, weekly or monthly analysis of gas processing and process fluid (crude oil, produced water, lube oils etc.) using internationally accepted standards and method and complying with good laboratory practice and Quality Management Systems (QMS) to enhance production and process optimisation to meet gas sales contractual agreement
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of potential solutions and approaches to laboratory equipment and reagents to ensure they are fit to meet the required analysis to meet the contractual requirements between Seplat and the other stakeholders.
- Perform basic material or environmental tests using basic techniques with electrical/electronic, chemical, and mechanical equipment. Generate the reports of the analysis carried out timely for internal and external clients in accordance with contractual agreement.
- Calibrate laboratory instruments to ensure equipment is within tolerance per American South for Testing and Materials (ASTM). Record test results and verify them accurately against method precision statements and product specification to meet best industry standards.
- Build effective working relationship and interface with other third party contractors to execute laboratory equipment maintenance to improve quality and availability of equipment and assist the Chemical vendors in the chemical management program to enhance production efficiency.
- Responsible for implementation of chemical related programmes. Participate actively in field trials by chemical vendors thus ensuring that optimum chemical rates are used in the facility.
- Mentor and coach the less experienced personnel, train Operation Operators in some simple laboratory and equipment analysis that will help them enhance their process operation and monitor their development and act as a role model for Lab personnel to sustain plant availability through the life cycle of the plant.
- Perform Risk Analysis, identify and address potential safety hazards associated with handling process fluids and chemicals to minimise incidents in compliance with Seplat safety core value. Correct and report hazards immediately to Supervisor for action.
- Participate in the Team’s HS&E & Quality initiatives and programs (e.g. Risk Assessments, Quality Improvements, Emergency Response Plan and HSE). Raise the awareness of staff to the need for correct application of various chemicals and maintain Material safety Data Sheet (MSDS) of chemical products on location
- Perform regular audits to ensure the Lab is operating as per the required standards to support the business assurance /compliance activities. Prepare and follow up on the action plans as a result of the audit to ensure the integrity of the laboratory.
- Obtain and prepare samples for analysis and ensure that samples are representative of quality required for each request.
- Develop and maintain Lab ISO and Process Safety procedures and work instructions, as well as training records.
- Assist the Facility Manager and ensure clean, orderly and safe working conditions in the laboratory, disposal of laboratory waste according to properly conducted methods to safeguard the environment. Provide assistance to Facility and Production Engineers in their effort to maintain the integrity of the facility.
Method of application
Interested and qualified candidates Should Click Here to Apply Online.