TotalEnergies is a global multi-energy company producing and supplying energy: oil and biofuels, natural gas and green gas, renewables and electricity.
▪ Offer ID: 59315BR
▪ Employment type: Regular position
- Preparation of monthly cabotage reports with supporting documents for interface with NIMASA.
- Monitoring/analyzing of GL 445909 (NG01) and making corrections were necessary to maintain zero balance.
- Extracting NCD values from GL 445911 and booking them for payment to NCDMB, after appropriate approvals, according to contractual agreements, and in line with monthly closure processes.
- Extracting WHT and VAT values from their respective GL accounts and booking them for payment to various authorities, after appropriate approvals, according to their GL balances, and in line with monthly closure processes.
- Monitoring of NGN and USD balances in VAT, WHT, NCD and CABOTAGE, and recovering same with due payments, for relevant regulators, from those relating to the same vendor.
- Running accrual process for GIT monthly, to accrue the cumulative balances and booking its reversal date on the first of the next month.
- Assist, in collaboration with Tax and Budget Departments, in payments/reconciliations.
- Assist with the accounting and booking of all Cash Calls paid by Partners into Accounts/Books and analyzing the related impact on the Treasury Report.
- Sending out emails to TOTALENERGIES PLC and TOTALENERGIES SA representatives to obtain their intercompany balance sheet and profit & loss accounts relating to the reporting period.
- Reconciling of Total SA and Total PLC balance sheet/profit and loss position with that of TEPNG.
- Preparation of Intercompany reconciliation report for Total SA & Total PLC and printing for signatures.
- Uploading of signed intercompany reconciliation report to SOX CM+.
- Preparing and posting of Debit notes for receiving of funds from sale of scraped material.
- Monitoring invoices in the workflow and following up with actors over items that are overdue.
- Following up with archivists for reprocessing of invoices received but not in IMP for processing.
- Participation in preparation, follow up, review and reporting of annual and periodic budgets.
- Performs periodic reporting to the Group, partners and regulatory authorities in line with relevant contractual framework and timelines.
- Ensures conformity of reporting with IFRS, Group standards, Accounting procedures and local statutory provisions (CAMA).
- Relationship management with the Group, affiliates, partners and government agencies.
- Provision of tax advisory role and correct application of tax laws in all TUCN activities.
- Representation of TUCN in all tax related matters, coordination of all tax audits and response to queries thereof and tax administration.
- Ensures compliance with PSC and JV contractual framework as well as relevant tax laws (PPT, CIT, PAYE, etc.).
- Responsible for the maintenance of proper books of accounts: – Assets, Inventory, General Ledgers, Working Capital etc.
- Periodic analysis, investigation and correction of various general ledger accounts.
- Periodic performance of SOX controls in line with laid down procedures.
- Any other duties assigned.
Context and environment
- Job is carried out in an environment that interfaces with many other departments/units within the company such as Cost Control, TotalEnergies SA, Tax, Buyers, Treasury, Payment, other TUCN companies, Methods, UNISUP, TotalEnergies PLC, Internal control, Closure team, staff members, vendors etc.
We are looking for young professionals who are motivated and passionate , with excellent academic achievement. Interested applicants should have
- ▪ B.Sc. in accounting or social sciences with professional qualification.
- 0 to 3 years’ experience in the oil industry.
- Ability to use specialized accounting software (SAP) and other Windows PC applications.
- Basic understanding of Upstream Oil and Gas Industry operations.
- Fluent in english.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, since job entails frequent interactions (internal and external).