Applications are invited from eligible Nigerians for commission into the Nigerian Army (NA) as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) officers. The DSSC is open to both civilians and serving military personnel. Only serving military personnel sponsored to civil institutions by any of the Services of the Nigerian Armed Forces shall be considered.
CORPS AND SERVICES
Applications should be into any of the following Corps and Services of the NA:
A. Nigerian Army Engineers. Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Eng), B Eng (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Land Surveyor, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Marine/Water Engineering, Architecture, and Building Engineering/ Technology. Such academic fields must be registered with the Nigerian Society of Engineers and Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) or regulating professional bodies.
B. Nigerian Army Intelligence Corps. Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc, B Eng, B Tech, BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Cyber/Network Security, Programming, Network Engineering, GIS/GEOINT, Data Science, Crypto Linguists (Arabic), Data Analyst, Social Media Specialist, and Digital Forensics/Forensic Analysis.
C. Nigerian Army Medical Corps. All applicants for the NA Medical Corps are expected to present proof of registration with their professional regulatory bodies and current practicing license. Other requirements are as follows:
(1) Medical Consultants of Various Disciplines. Applicants could belong to fields of specialization such as General Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Anesthesia, Neuro-Surgery, Cardiothoracic, ENT Surgery, Physicians (Cardiologists, Endocrinologist, Nephrologists and Neurologists), Ophthalmologists as well as Obstetrics and Gynaecologists, Pediatricians and Family Medicine Physicians. Applicants must also satisfy the following criteria:
- Must be Fellow of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or equivalent Postgraduate Medical College.
- Not be more than 40 years of age by July 2022.
- Must have full registration of Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) for the undergraduate degree and additional qualification registration as appropriate.
- Must have current MDCN license to practice as a specialist.
- Medical Doctors (Non Consultants). Applicants must possess MBBS/BDS or equivalent with not more than 5 years post – qualification experience and must be fully registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- Dental Surgeons. Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Lower degree and must be fully registered with relevant professional bodies.
- Nurses. Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class) Lower Degree in Pediatrics or Nephrology or they must be in one of the following categories: Orthopedic, Anesthetist, Registered or Psychiatric Nurses (with BSc Second Class Lower Degree) fully registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
- Nursing. Applicants must possess MSc Nursing and fully registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
- Professionals Allied to Medicine. Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Lower degree in either Spesch Therapy or Occupational Therapy.
- Pharmacists. Applicants must possess Bachelor of Pharmacy and must be fully registered with the Pharmacist Council of Nigeria.
D. Nigerian Army Ordnance Corps.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc, B Eng, BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Textile Technology, Textile Design, Graphic Design, Explosives Engineering and Explosive Science and Technology.
E. Nigerian Army Corps of Military Police.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc, BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in either Forensic Science or Psychology.
F. Nigerian Army Education Corps.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Ed) or BA (Ed) Second Class Lower degree in Museology, Archival Studies or Curriculum Development/Studies. All applicants for Education Corps are expected to present proof of registration with their professional regulatory bodies.
G. Nigerian Army Band Corps.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND Lower Credit or equivalent in Music with Associate of Royal Academy of Music (ARAM) and Associate of Royal College of Music (ARCM).
H. Directorate of Army Public Relations. Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc, BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in the following: Strategic Communication and Public Relations, Printing Technology, Animation and Graphic Design; and Cinematography. Applicants must have evidence of Membership of any Professional body relating to media operation and journalism.
I. Directorate of Islamic Affairs.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of BA, B Ed (Second Class Lower) degree in the following areas: Hadith and Islamic Studies, Tafseer (Exegesis) and Qur’anic Science, Hadith Sciences, Islamic Theology and Hadith, Islamic Propagation and Religious Studies; and Qur’an and Islamic Studies from recognized Nigerian universities, Azhar University, Cairo or Saudi University.
- Each applicant would be required to produce testimony of excellent character from a reputable Islamic religious organization in Nigeria.
- Applicants must be able to speak Arabic and English languages.
J. Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant).
- Applicants must possess minimum of BA (Second Class Lower) degree in Divinity Theology from any of the Seminaries/Universities recognized by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant).
- Applicants must belong to one of the 18 major denominations of the protestant faith.
- Soldier applicants must have served the NA with a minimum of 6 years experience in Chaplaincy work and must be vetted and recommended by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant).
- Applicants must provide proof of Ordination, attestation and certification by an ordained Bishop.
K. Directorate of Chaplain Services (Roman Catholic).
- Applicants must possess a minimum of Bachelor of Arts (Second Class Lower) degree in Philosophy or Theology or be an Ordained Catholic Priest from a Roman Catholic approved seminary.
- Affiliated to a National Universities Commission accredited University or Urbanian University, Rome.
- Applicants must have good standing in the church and be released by a Diocesan Bishop with a proof of ordination.
- Applicants must be vetted and recommended by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Roman Catholic).
- All graduating officer cadets must sign an acceptance of the terms and conditions governing the Direct Short Service Commission before they are granted commission into the NA.
- The reckonable period of service for civilians who become commissioned officers will be based on the date of commencement of cadet training while that of military personnel applicants would be date of enlistment.
- Medical Consultant Officers on successful completion of military training shall be granted the rank of Major with seniority effective from date of commission.
- Officer cadets who successfully complete the military training shall be granted the rank of Lieutenant (except for medical consultants who will be commissioned as Majors) with seniority effective from date of commission.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified Candidates Should Click Here to Apply online.
Application Deadline: 14 March 23
i need more requirement
Kindly visit the website for more information
Peace is what we need
I really love the Job if possible,
You are free to apply
Very very interested.
You are free to Apply
I’m interested , I really love to do it.
It’s very impressive
Abdulwasiu Shukurah am a community health
I appreciate your help and support you in whatever you want.
I appreciate your help
Interested, but I need to know the age difference again sir/ma
Thanks for this information, am really pleased and interested
You can Apply
Hello Sir /Madam
My name blessing ,i have all that is required for the admission except that i will be 41years of age by May this year, i want to know coz i dont want falsify my agesecondly must i serve in Nigerian army after the course?
Anything outside the required requirements can lead to disqualification.
Very interesting but how can someone knows if he/she is qualified to the next stage. Despite the fact that we have network issues in our areas must it be true emails or contact phone number provided.
I’m really interested, I love it