The Electrical Planner is responsible for assisting with the development of reliability-based maintenance strategy, based on preventive and predictive maintenance, to improve the efficiency and productivity of the Plant workforce, service companies and contractors.
- Gather pertinent information needed to plan the work orders in the planning stage of the Maximo/SAP Work Order System, improve the content and quality of information on the work orders and eventually put them in progress after Preventive Maintenance Manager validates them.
- Add relevant information to the work orders, as required, to facilitate the comprehension of the execution team.
- Define clearly the scope of work to be performed.
- Develop a detailed job plan with all the work sequences involved to adequately complete the repairs, as well as equipment downtime and man-hours required.
- Develop a tool list specific to the job to be performed.
- Provide a parts list with reference numbers and exact location for every work order and ensure that all required parts are in stock before job scheduling.
- Ensure all technical specifications and special instructions are provided on paper to the Supervisor and craftsmen.
- Determine the cost involved for parts and supplies for each work order.
- Inform the section supervisor/engineer when a job is ready for scheduling.
- Establish and maintain with the supervisors and the stores department, a system for proper storage of pre-works and parts for pending work.
- The incumbent will work with the Storeroom supervisor to update and maintain the equipment parts catalogue, and develop parts catalogues for existing equipment that have none as well as develop, equipment tool list for jobs that require such.
- The Electrical Planner will work with the Storeroom Supervisor to review and update parts min-max.
- The Electrical Planner will be responsible to improve and maintain the equipment files and history (paper and electronic) in conjunction with the draughtsman.
- The Electrical Planner will ensure timely delivery of spare parts that are placed on order by working with the Purchasing officers and making use of the MFA tracker database program.
- In collaboration with the Purchasing officers & Storeroom Supervisor, the Electrical Planner will ensure that the inventory and sources of spare parts are consistent with the Lafarge standards, plant equipment reliability and economic constraints. He will also ensure materials and parts conformity upon receipt.
- In order to accomplish the prime objective of the position the Electrical Planner must be versed with the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- The incumbent must have knowledge of the work order tracking system, spare parts catalogue, requisitioning and inventory systems as well as knowledge of the modern software packages available such as Word, Excel, Microsoft Project Scheduler, etc.
- The Electrical Planner will be utilized to supervise some jobs and contractors during annual plant shutdowns.
- University degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 224000521" crossorigin="anonymous"> years of fieldwork experience in cement industry.
- Computer literacy is essential
- Knowledge of CMMS and ERP; Maximo 7.5 and JdEdwards
- Good knowledge of RCA methodology and facilitating skills.
- Planning & Organizing – Ability to manage, organize, plan and implement work assignments, juggle competing demands and work under pressure of frequent and tight deadlines
- Teamwork – Strong interpersonal ability to establish & maintain effective partnerships and working relationships with people in multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity & respect of diversity
- Judgment – Ability to apply good judgment and decision making skills.
- Commitment to Continuous Learning – Willing to keep abreast of new developments in working environment
- Leadership and managerial abilities: Problem solving – Strong analytical & problem solving skills & ability to handle a range of management, coordination & technical issues.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified Candidates should Click Here to Apply Online.