Properties worth millions of Naira at the popular Itobe Market, in Ofu Local Government area of Kogi State on Saturday have been raised down by fire.
According to an eye witness, the fire disaster started when a trader’s generator set caught fire thereby destroying all shops within the vicinity.
Although no life was lost during the disaster, the eyewitness recounted that the means of livelihood of the numerous roadside traders were lost in the fire incidence
The traditional ruler of the community, Onu Itobe, Alhaji Salihu Adaji while reacting to disaster expressed that the incident has thrown many businessmen in his domain to the labour market.
He urged people in authority to assist those affected by the fire disaster with capital to restart their businesses.224000521" crossorigin="anonymous">