A one-year, fully-funded master’s program at Tsinghua University in Beijing, designed to build a global community of future leaders who will serve to deepen understanding between China and the rest of the world.
Schwarzman Scholars are selected from an international pool of distinguished candidates. Prospective Scholars are expected to demonstrate academic excellence, exceptional results in their field and outstanding leadership qualities.
- Scholarship Host Country: China
- University: Tsinghua University
- Course Level: Masters Degree
- Program Duration: One Year
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligibility: International students
Candidates who are most qualified to meet the high demands of the program must exhibit excellence in the following areas:
Must have an undergraduate degree.
Applicants who are currently enrolled in undergraduate degree programs must be on track to successfully complete all degree requirements before August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year. There are no requirements for a specific field of undergraduate study; all fields are welcome, but it is important for applicants, regardless of undergraduate major, to articulate how participating in Schwarzman Scholars will help develop their leadership potential within their field.
Must be 18-28 years of age
Candidates must be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year (for the Class of 2024-2025, as of August 1, 2024)
Must be proficient in the English language
Applicants must demonstrate strong English skills, as all teaching will be conducted in English. If the applicant’s native language is not English, official English proficiency test scores must be submitted with the application. This requirement is waived for applicants who studied at an undergraduate institution where the primary language of instruction was English for at least two years of the applicant’s academic program. The requirement will also be waived for applicants who have studied in English for two or more years at a Master’s degree level or higher. Acceptable test options are: Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT). Minimum score 100. International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Minimum score 7. Cambridge English: Advanced (C1) or Cambridge English: Proficiency (C2). Minimum score 185.
Method of Application.
Interested and qualified candidates Should Click Here to Apply Online.
- The online application must be completed in English using Roman script.
- All requirements must be submitted electronically; we do not accept materials through email.
- You do not have to complete your application in one sitting; you may access and continue your work as frequently as needed before submitting the application.
- To save your work, click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- Please note that the email address provided to create your account will be used for all future correspondence about your admissions status.
- It is important to not use an email address that may expire.
- Keep your login information in a safe place as you will need it to access your application in the future.