United Bank for Africa (UBA) is Africa’s Global bank with a rich history spanning over seven decades. The bank which is headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria, is one of the most recognised financial institutions to originate from Sub-Saharan Africa with thriving operations in 20 African countries – Republique du Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroun, Congo Brazzaville, Congo DRC, Cote d’lvoire, Gabon, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Tchad, Uganda and Zambia.
UBA Foundation, the corporate social responsibility arm of the United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc, has announced the commencement of the 2022 edition of its National Essay Competition (NEC) in Nigeria with a call for entries.
The annual National Essay Competition (NEC) is part of UBA Foundation’s education initiative which is aimed at promoting literacy and encouraging healthy and intellectual competition amongst senior secondary school students in Nigeria and across the African continent.
Applications are invited from qualified Candidates to apply for the 2022 National Essay Competition Award.
“ASUU Strike has often cost Nigerian students time. Advise the Nigerian governments on how they can reach an agreement with ASUU to improve tertiary education in the nation
The annual National Essay Competition is back and bigger for its 12th edition. The aim of this competition organised by the UBA Foundation is to promote reading culture amongst secondary school students in Nigeria and across Africa as well as prepare them to become future change makers.
- Must be in Secondary school
- Must submit a passport photograph
- Must submit your completed contact information (Name, Age, School, Address of school, Telephone Number, Residential Address and Email Address)
- Must attach photocopies of your original birth certificate, National ID or international passport data page
- From 19 October to 3 November, 2022, all submitted entries will be evaluated by a team of highly competent judges, after which 12 finalists will be selected to advance to the next stage.
- The 12 shortlisted participants will be announced on 7 November, 2022. The 12 finalists will arrive on 11 November in readiness for the final essay writing stage on Saturday,12 November.
- The grand finale will be held in Lagos, Nigeria inside the Tony O. Elumelu amphitheatre at the UBA House on Monday, 14 November, 2022.
The top 3 finalists will win the following prizes in educational grants to any African university of their choice.
- Winner – ₦5 million
- 1st runner-up – ₦3 million
- 2nd runner-up – ₦2.5 million
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified Candidates Should Click Here to Apply Online