Nigerian Breweries Plc is the pioneer and largest brewing Company in Nigeria. We are the home of great brands, with products formulated and brewed under the highest quality standards and procedures.
The Legal Manager will support the Legal department in ensuring that internal stakeholders are given proper and value adding legal support and guidance thereby enabling the smooth execution of the Company’s plans and objectives as well as avoiding/reducing the risk of potential liability and/or disruption to the Company’s operations
The Legal Manager is an excellent communicator with appreciable experience in Dispute Resolution/Litigation in Nigeria and general Corporate and Commercial law practice including contract drafting/review, Intellectual Property, Real Estate/Property Law and Employment Law.
- Review and provide advice to the business on laws, licensing, and contracts required for the operation of the business.
- Provide support to the external solicitors for the efficient and effective resolution of disputes involving the Company.
- Draft, review, and support the negotiation and finalisation of contracts and ensure good contract management.
- Manage Dispute Resolution, litigation, and ADR cases, attend Court sittings, maintain a register of cases, and management of external lawyers.
- Manage trademark licenses and all intellectual property of the business.
- Ensure legal due diligence during land/property acquisition and draft all real estate legal documents such as Conveyance documents, Leases, etc, maintain a register of all company’s real estate.
- Any other related responsibility as may be assigned from time to time.
- University Degree in Law with a minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) or Second class lower with a masters degree.
- BL: Certificate of Call to the Nigerian Bar.
- LL.M and/or ICSAN and any other related qualification would be an added advantage
- At least 3 years post-Call-to-Bar experience with a reputable and active law firm with bias for dispute resolution/litigation and commercial practice.
- Sound knowledge of rules of court, contract and commercial law, real estate, intellectual property and general civil and criminal litigation.
- Good communication and interpersonal abilities.
- An analytical mindset with excellent organizational skills.
- Corporate/Commercial law and practice.
- Litigation and Intellectual law practice.
- Strong Business acumen.
- Legal Research and Interpretation of Statutes.
- Stakeholder Management.
- Good handling of basic Microsoft Office tools
- Languages: Fluent English, needed for interaction (reading, written, spoken).
- Strong communication skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Listening skill.
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified Candidates Should Click Here to Apply Online.
Leave a Reply