The Central Bank of Nigeria, pursuant to the CBN Act, 2007 and as part of its policy measures to address rising youth unemployment and underemployment, developed the Tertiary Institutions Entrepreneurship Scheme (TIES), in partnership with Nigerian polytechnics and universities to harness the potential of graduate
Tertiary Institutions Entrepreneurship Scheme (TIES) An initiative targeted at empowering graduates of Nigerian Polytechnics and Universities with entrepreneurial skills for Entrepreneurship development, Economic development and Job creation.
The Central Bank of
Nigeria, as part of its effort to boost economic growth and reduce unemployment among graduates of Nigeria Polytechnics and Universities, introduced the Tertiary Institutions Entrepreneurship Scheme. The Scheme is designed to create a paradigm shift among undergraduates and graduates from the pursuit of white collar jobs to a culture of entrepreneurship geared towards job creation, economic growth and sustainable development.
The Central Bank of Nigeria(CBN) therefore developed the Tertiary Institutions Entrepreneurship Scheme (TIES), in partnership with the academia( Universities and Polytechnics) to unleash the potential of the Nigeria graduate entrepreneurs (gradpreneurs) by providing re-orientation, training and an innovative financing model that will enhance the entrepreneurial ecosystem with transformational impact on the economy.
Main Object of the Scheme:
- The broad objective of the Scheme is to enhance access to finance by undergraduates and graduates of polytechnics and universities in Nigeria with innovative entrepreneurial and technological ideas.
Other specific objectives of the Scheme include:
- Provide an enabling environment for co-creation, mentorship and development of entrepreneurial and technological innovations for value creation in partnership with Nigerian polytechnics and universities for the purpose of economic development and job creation.
- Fast track ideation, creation and acceleration of a culture of innovation-driven entrepreneurship skills among graduates of polytechnics and universities in Nigeria.
- Promote gender balance in entrepreneurship development through capacity development and improved access to finance.
- Leapfrog entrepreneurial capacity of undergraduates and graduates for entrepreneurship and economic development in partnership with academia and industry practitioners.
- Boost contribution of non-oil sector to the nation’s GDP.
Eligibility (Areas of Business)
The Criteria/ Eligibility to be covered under the Scheme shall include innovative start-ups and budding businesses owned by graduates of Nigerian polytechnics and universities in the following areas:
- Agribusiness – production, processing, storage and logistics.
- Information technology – application/software development, business process outsourcing, robotics, data management.
- Creative industry – entertainment, artwork, publishing, culinary/event management, fashion, photography, beauty/cosmetics.
- Science and technology – medical innovation, robotics, ticketing.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates Should Click Here to Apply
- Trading activities shall not be eligible for financing under the Schethe
- The CBN will never charge you or ask you to pay to submit your loan application or to access the loan.. For further information and the guidelines. Please visit www.cbn.gov.ng