ABOUT THE QUIZ COMPETITION:
The NLNG Science Quiz Competition is an annual secondary school quiz competition. The competition is in Rivers State and is open to S.S.S 1 to S.S.S 2 students of Government owned Secondary Schools.
Up to 15 million naira worth of prizes to be won by students, teachers and schools in cash and gift items.
The quiz competition has 3 stages:
- Stage One: Olympiad.
- Stage Two: Championship.
- Stage Three: Grand Finale.
The Olympiad Stage is the first stage of the competition and the features are as follows:
- This will be deployed using a computer-based test application.
- CBT centre to use will be located in Rivers State.
- Public schools are to nominate student’s representatives from their schools based on academic performance.
- Each school will nominate 2 representatives from each class from SSS 1 to SSS 2 for the Olympiad stage.
Read Also:Nigeria LNG Recruitment |Apply Now
This is the second stage of the Science Quiz Competition.
The qualifiers from the Olympiad Stage will compete in the Championship Stage. The features of the championship stage are as follow:
- The performance of the schools is rated by classes. That is, the competition will produce schools ranking for each of the competing classes. However, only SSS 2 classes will qualify for the next stage of the competition.
- The performance of each school for the different class sections (SSS 1 & SSS 2) will be based on the cumulative average of the 2 students representing the school per class.
- Class SSS 1 will not progress further from this stage.
- Winners for SSS 1 will be determined at the Championship Stage. Awards will be presented at the Grand Finale.
- Only the top 2 schools for each senatorial district will proceed to the next stage of the competition – The Grand Finale.
The Grand Finale will follow a traditional quiz competition style in which participating schools will be invited to a location. The event will feature the following;
- The school must be a government owned secondary school.
- The 6 highest scoring schools from the Championship Stage will progress to this stage.
- Each school (via their representatives) will engage in round rubbing question and answer sessions with each correct answer earning that school points.
- There will be a total of 6 rounds for this stage.
- 5 of the rounds will be based on each subject (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Computer Science).
- Each round will test the participant on each subject specifically.
- The 6th round will be a wild card round, this wild card round will combine questions from all the subjects.
REQUIREMENTS AND ELIGIBILITY:
To be eligible participants are to meet the eligibility criterias:
- The nominated candidate must be a student of the school.
- The nominated candidate must have spent at least 1 term in the school before he/she is eligible for nomination.
- Nominated candidates for the S.S.S 1 to S.S.S 2 category must not exceed 18 years of age as at time of Application
- The school must be a government owned public school in Rivers State.
Method of application:
Candidates are to
- Enter your personal information.
- Educational information. Other information. Upload required scanned documents.
- Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation.
Qualified and Interested Candidates should Click Here to Apply online or Visit the Website at www.Nlng.com for more details
Leave a Reply