Seplat Petroleum Development Company is a Nigerian independent oil and gas company listed on both the London and Nigerian Stock Exchanges with a strategic focus in the Niger Delta of Nigeria.
Application are invited to apply for the position below:
◾Job title: Process & Internal Controls Coordinator
◾Location: Lagos State
Overall Purpose of the Job:
This role coordinates the implementation of controls across Seplat’s departments as it relates to Information Systems controls, process improvement and automation. This job incumbent has responsibility for executing projects detailed in the risk management and internal control framework to achieve objectives consistent with the organisation’s corporate strategy and business goals. This is achieved by monitoring, enforcing and assessing the adequacy of Information Technology, Governance, Risk Management and Control processes within the organization; and conducting periodic and continuous independent assessments of the IT systems and business processes.
- Oversee the design, implementation, assessment and monitoring of the organisational internal control system. Aligning risk management and associated internal control activities to support the delivery of shareholder value.
- Identify weaknesses in the organization’s work processes and implement initiatives to minimize such risks (Process automation/additional manual controls)
- Evaluate the business’ recovery procedures for operational disruptions and maintain communication with business leaders, external auditors and regulatory agencies.
- Review controls and governance systems over the organization’s Financial, compliance and information technology environment to ascertain that it is functioning as intended and will enable the organization’s objectives and goals to be met.
- Review and track different access controls, security measures, segregation of duties, critical and non-critical changes implemented on business applications within the enterprise suites including privilege access right for staff and contractors.
- Lead investigation into Business control incidents and recommend appropriate consequence management, training and process improvement therefrom.
- Ensure adequate monitoring of significant deficiencies and material weaknesses in internal controls
- Participate in the evaluation of information technology and business risks associated with strategic and operational objectives of the company
- Oversee the review of departments processes, and functions with a view to improving controls and decreasing risk. Develop policies and procedures to correct identified gaps.
- Prepare internal controls reports for management and the relevant Board Committees on the state of compliance and stress test assessment of the adequacy of the Company’s internal controls.
- Recommend/Administer training to ensure that staff have an intricate understanding of all internal control guidelines and standards.
- Collaborate with internal auditors and Enterprise risk coordinator to ensure adequate implementation of risk mitigations across the business.
- Drive efficiency in processes and procedures by reducing loopholes which allow for manipulation and non- compliance to company ethics.
- Promote innovation and automation of complex business processes.
- The role supervises internal controls officer.
- Internal: Finance, Supply Chain, Internal Audit, Business Integrity, HR, Operations, Engineering, Sub-surface, Planning, Assets
- External: External Auditors, Regulators, Project Consultants, Others
Job Context and Challenges:
- Process mapping and re-engineering
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills, business acumen, communication skills.
- Mitigation actions tracking and reporting
- Process documentation, control gaps analysis (design or effectiveness), control testing and walkthrough and proposing remediation,
- Change management for new or existing process deployment.
- Internal controls “helpdesk” in matters of disagreement between departments
Job Knowledge and Qualifications:
- First degree in Computer Science, Accounting, Finance, Economics or other related area.
- Approximately 7 to 10 years relevant experience in a structured environment (some of which should have been in IT controls and risk management, system development and process automation, business processes and risk controls and/or internal audit function of a company), preferably in the oil and gas or global firm.
- General understanding of various controls and risk assessment frameworks (such as COSO, COBIT, ERM, TOGAF)
- CRA, ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent) will be added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply Online