To provide plant safety leadership, ensure facility compliance with corporate safety standards, implement safety directives, improve safety performance, and ensure facility safety policies and procedures are aligned with regulations.
- Develop QHSE policies, guidelines, and programs required to achieve QHSE excellence at the plant.
- Ensure & monitor compliance of all operations and maintenance activities with defined QHSE policies.
- Develop and maintain emergency and disaster preparedness plans that provide clear roles and responsibilities for all personnel.
- Oversee the conduct of periodic safety self-audits as well as unscheduled spot checks in the plant.
- Provide advice and technical guidance to the Chief Executive Officer on QHSE issues.
- Liaise with relevant QHSE authorities to ensure staff awareness and compliance with all regulations and policies.
- Promote safety awareness throughout the plant and other connected sites.
- Implement programs to increase QHSE awareness and performance among contractors.
- Ensure the availability of QHSE facilities and emergency services in the plant.
- Ensure proper Health and Safety risk identification, assessment, and implementation of mitigating strategies.
- Collate QHSE statistics, analyse incident trends and make appropriate recommendations.
- Facilitate QHSE audits of construction and contractors’ activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Escalate all unresolved safety concerns and issues to the Head of Operations.
- Provide input into the update of the company`s policy as required.
- Assist with training and development of assigned subordinates.
- Conduct performance reviews of subordinates.
- Prepare periodic reports for the attention of the Head, Operations.
- Interface with Regulatory bodies as regards Quality and Environment.
- Ensure sustainability in all operations.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in Engineering or Natural Sciences from an accredited/ reputable university.
- Professional Qualifications from reputable institutions- NEBOSH and IOSH certified.
- Minimum of seven (9) years of relevant experience in a high-risk environment. Experience in a power station will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of three (3) years in a managerial/ leadership capacity.
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of international QHSE codes, standards and best practices.
- Demonstrable strong leadership skills.
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS office tools.
- Problem solving skill
Method of Application
Application Deadline: Not Specified224000521" crossorigin="anonymous">